Kathleen R. Henry is an associate in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department, and a member of the firm’s Emerging Companies and Banking and Financial Services practice groups.
Kate provides legal counsel to corporations, LLCs, limited partnerships, and other entities on a wide range of issues, including formation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital and angel financing transactions. Kate assists clients throughout the lifecycle of their business, from business growth and financial development to the realization of a successful exit or recapitalization. Kate also assists financial institutions with corporate and regulatory issues, as well as reorganizations, acquisitions, and private placements.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Representation of Eastern Bank Corporation in its conversion to a fully public stock holding company known as Eastern Bankshares, Inc (NASDAQ Global Select Market: EBC).
- Representation of Globe Composite Solutions, LLC, a navy submarine supplier, in connection with its acquisition by ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), a global provider of highly engineered products and solutions to diverse and growing end-markets that include the aerospace, space, healthcare, wireless, consumer electronics, electric utility, and renewable energy industries.
- Representation of McCarthy Capital Fund VI in connection with its partnership with Big Belly Solar, the global leader in smart waste solutions for public spaces, to recapitalize Big Belly and provide further cash investment to accelerate growth.
- Representation of Centreville Bank in connection with its agreement to acquire Putnam Bank and its holding company, PB Bancorp, Inc., in a transaction valued at approximately $115.5 million.
- Representation of Cali’flour Foods, the developer and manufacturer of low-carb, gluten-free cauliflower products, in a Series A financing round led by Sunrise Strategic Partners, with participation from CircleUp Growth Partners.
During law school, Kate served as the managing editor for the American Journal of Law and Medicine. She was also a member of the Women’s Law Association and the Health Law Association. Prior to serving as a summer associate with Nutter, Kate was a legal intern with a biotechnology company specializing in the development and commercialization of non-invasive methods for DNA analytics and diagnostics.
Prior to law school, Kate was a legal assistant at a boutique food, drug, and medical device law firm in Washington, DC. Kate also interned at the National Endowment for the Humanities in Washington, DC.
- Innovation Associates
Nutter served as legal counsel to Innovation Associates, the market-leading provider of high-volume pharmacy automation technology and software solutions to the retail, hospital, government, and mail order pharmacy markets, in connection with a consortium of investors led by Greg Wasson, the former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO, acquiring a majority stake to scale the business and enhance its pharmacy automation offerings.
- McCarthy Capital
Nutter served as legal counsel to McCarthy Capital Fund VI in connection with its partnership with Big Belly Solar, the global leader in smart waste solutions for public spaces, to recapitalize Bigbelly and provide further cash investment to accelerate growth.
- Centreville Bank
Nutter served as sole outside legal counsel to Centreville Bank in connection with its agreement to acquire Putnam Bank and its holding company, PB Bancorp, Inc., in a transaction valued at approximately $115.5 million.
- Cali’flour Foods
Nutter advised Cali’flour Foods, the developer and manufacturer of low-carb, gluten-free cauliflower products, in a Series A financing round led by Sunrise Strategic Partners, with participation from CircleUp Growth Partners.
- Fisher International, Inc.
Nutter served as sole legal advisor to Fisher International, Inc., a firm supporting the pulp and paper industry with business intelligence and strategy consulting services, in its acquisition by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm.
- Globe Composite Solutions, LLC
Nutter served as legal advisor to Globe Composite Solutions, LLC (Globe), a navy submarine supplier, in its acquisition by ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), a global provider of highly engineered products and solutions to diverse and growing end-markets that include the aerospace, space, healthcare, wireless, consumer electronics, electric utility, and renewable energy industries.
- Powerhouse Dynamics
Nutter represented Powerhouse Dynamics, a software company based in Newton, MA, when it was acquired by merger by Middleby Corporation, a publicly traded commercial and residential cooking and industrial process equipment company based in Elgin, IL. Powerhouse Dynamics uses cloud-based controls and analytics to deliver enterprise-wide operational efficiency, food safety, and energy efficiency solutions to portfolios of small commercial facilities, including restaurants, convenience stores, retailers, and more.
- Group RHI
Nutter represented Group RHI, a rapidly growing player in the retirement services industry, in its acquisition of America’s 401k, LLC, a Dallas, TX-based, independent third party administrator focused on serving small businesses in offering qualified retirement plans to their employees, and Retirement Investment Administrators, LLC, a recordkeeping and qualified plan administration company also based in Dallas, TX.
- PeoplesBancorp, MHC
Nutter represented PeoplesBancorp, MHC, the holding company for PeoplesBank, in the private placement of $40 million in fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes due 2028.
- Palisade Corporation
Nutter represented Palisade Corporation, an Ithaca, New York-based provider of risk modeling and decision analysis software, in its recapitalization by Thompson Street Capital Partners (TSCP), a private equity firm based in St. Louis, MO.
- Copley Equity Partners
Nutter served as legal counsel to Copley Equity Partners, a Boston-based private investment firm, in its investment to recapitalize, and facilitate the merger of, Aethon Aerial Solutions and Flight Evolved.
- Eastern Bankshares, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Eastern Bank Corporation, the mutual holding company of Eastern Bank, in its conversion to a fully public stock holding company known as Eastern Bankshares, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select Market: EBC).
News & Insights
- Nutter Represents Eastern Bankshares, Inc. in Historic Initial Public Offering: Largest Full Conversion by U.S. Bank10.19.2020 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Copley Equity Partners in its Investment into Aethon Aerial Solutions and Flight Evolved10.06.2020 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Innovation Associates in Consortium Investment Led by Former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO Greg Wasson12.17.2019 | Press Release
- 12.16.2019 | Press Release
- 11.25.2019 | Press Release
- 08.21.2019 | Press Release
- 07.09.2019 | Press Release
- 01.23.2019 | Announcement
- Nutter Represents Group RHI in its Acquisition of America’s 401k, LLC and Retirement Investment Administrators, LLC12.13.2018 | Press Release
- 12.06.2018 | Press Release
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and Blake Tyler Pen Article on Regtech and Suptech10.01.2020 | Article
- 09.30.2020 | Legal Update
- 08.27.2020 | Legal Update
- 08.20.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 07.30.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 07.29.2020 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: OCC Authorizes National Banks and Federal Savings Associations to Offer Cryptocurrency Custody Services07.28.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Dan Hartman, Kate Henry, and Blake Tyler Analyze Challenges for Banks Amid COVID-1907.28.2020 | Article
- 07.23.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 07.22.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 07.02.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 06.29.2020 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Acting OCC Comptroller Announces Plans to Release a National Charter for Payments Companies06.26.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Tom Curry, Dan Hartman, Kate Henry, and Blake Tyler Author Article on Massachusetts Emergency Debt Regulation in Banker & Tradesman06.23.2020 | Article
- 06.18.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 06.17.2020 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: New Acting OCC Comptroller Continues to Prioritize Innovation as OCC Proposes Rules on Digitizing Banking06.08.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Fintech in Brief: OCC Issues Final ‘Valid When Made’ Rule on Permissible Interest on Transferred Loan06.02.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Fintech in Brief: CFPB Issues No-Action Letter Templates for Affordable Small Dollar Lending and Mortgage Loss Mitigation05.29.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 05.28.2020 | Legal Update
- Tom Curry, Dan Hartman, Kate Henry, and Blake Tyler Author Article on the Fed’s Main Street Lending Program in Banker & Tradesman05.24.2020 | Article
- 04.29.2020 | Legal Update
- Effects of COVID-19 on the M&A Market: Working Capital Adjustments; Due Diligence; Representations; Post-Signing Considerations04.15.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.10.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.10.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Steps Private Equity and Venture Capital-Backed Companies Should Consider Taking for PPP Eligibility04.08.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.06.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.03.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.31.2020 | Legal Update
- Can Portfolio Companies of Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds Take Advantage of COVID-Related Stimulus Programs?03.30.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.27.2020 | Legal Update
- Special Edition Nutter Bank Report: Federal Reserve Announces Extraordinary Second Wave of New Initiatives in Response to the Global Pandemic03.24.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.19.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.18.2020 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: FDIC Signals Pending Decisions on ILC Applications and Proposes New Rules for ILCs and their Parent Companies03.18.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.14.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.13.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.12.2020 | Legal Update
- 02.26.2020 | Legal Update
- 02.13.2020 | Legal Update
- 01.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 12.23.2019 | Legal Update
- 12.18.2019 | Legal Update
- 12.05.2019 | Legal Update
- 11.26.2019 | Legal Update
- 11.19.2019 | Legal Update
- 10.31.2019 | Legal Update
- 10.25.2019 | Legal Update
- 10.25.2019 | Legal Update
- 09.30.2019 | Legal Update
- 09.04.2019 | Legal Update
- 08.30.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Chairwoman Waters Outlines House Financial Services Committee’s Fall 2019 Agenda: Financial Innovation Remains Priority08.26.2019 | Legal Update
- 08.12.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Federal Reserve Announces Plan to Develop A Real-Time Payment and Settlement Service08.07.2019 | Legal Update
- 07.29.2019 | Legal Update
- 06.27.2019 | Legal Update
- 06.26.2019 | Legal Update
- 05.30.2019 | Legal Update
- 05.22.2019 | Legal Update
- 05.03.2019 | Legal Update
- 05.01.2019 | Legal Update
- 04.30.2019 | Legal Update
- 04.19.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: The Clearing House Announces Adoption of Business Principles for Operation of the RTP® Network04.10.2019 | Legal Update
- 04.02.2019 | Legal Update
- 03.28.2019 | Legal Update
- 03.27.2019 | Legal Update
- 02.28.2019 | Legal Update
- 02.19.2019 | Legal Update
- 02.13.2019 | Legal Update
- 01.31.2019 | Legal Update
- 01.30.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Ranking Member McHenry Calls for House Financial Services Committee Hearing on Financial Innovation01.24.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Chairwoman Waters Outlines House Financial Services Committee’s Agenda: Priorities Include Financial Innovation01.22.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Issues to Consider in Connection with the CFPB’s Proposed Product Sandbox and Policy Changes for No-Action Letters01.08.2019 | Legal Update
- 12.21.2018 | Legal Update
- 12.20.2018 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Proposes Product Sandbox and Policy Changes for No-Action Letters12.17.2018 | Legal Update
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Denison University, B.A.