Portia S. Keady
Portia S. Keady is an associate in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department. Portia has experience working with companies throughout the life cycle of their businesses in a variety of industries. Clients rely on Portia on a wide range of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and angel financing transactions, and corporate governance. In the mergers and acquisitions context, Portia has handled stock sales, asset sales, and mergers relating to spin-offs and private equity recapitalizations.
- Advised Agilyx on the formation of a joint venture with AmySty.
- Represented Group RHI in its acquisition of America’s 401k, LLC and Retirement Investment Administrators, LLC.
- Represented WegoWise, Inc. in the sale of substantially all of its assets to AppFolio, Inc. (NASDAQ: APPF).
- Represented a privately held sales and marketing company serving the food, pharmaceutical, nutritional, personal care, biotech, and industrial markets of North America in the sale of all of its equity securities for $105,000,000.
- Represented privately held fiber-optic bandwidth infrastructure service provider in the sale of all of its equity securities for $45,000,000.
Active in the community, Portia is on the executive board of the Young Professionals for Youth Villages, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children and youth who have serious emotional, mental and behavioral problems. Portia also serves as Nutter’s Co-Captain for Lawyers Have Heart, a 5K road race that supports the American Heart Association.
Prior to joining Nutter, Portia was an associate in the Boston office of an international law firm. Previously, she was an associate in the Boston office of a prominent New England-based law and a litigation paralegal at a law firm in New York
Portia earned her J.D., cum laude, from Boston University School of Law and her B.A. from Trinity College, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She is conversational in Italian.
- Column Health
Nutter served as legal counsel to Column Health, a network of technology-enabled, community-based outpatient mental health and addiction clinics throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut, in connection with its acquisition of the Center for Psychiatric Medicine (CPM).
- PollyDot, Inc.
Nutter advised PollyDot, Inc., a large Planet Fitness franchisee in Massachusetts, in connection with the sale of all of its clubs.
- Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods, Inc.
Nutter advised Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods, Inc., a family-owned national Middle Eastern food manufacturer and distributor, in its acquisition of Brekki, a manufacturer of overnight oats for healthy breakfast options.
- Agilyx Corporation
Nutter served as legal counsel to Agilyx Corporation, the leader in chemical recycling of post-use plastics back into polymers, chemicals, and low carbon fuels, in connection with securing growth financing from a diverse set of European investors led by Carnegie Investment Bank.
Nutter served as sole legal advisor to miEdge, the premier provider of lead generation, data analytics, and prospecting solutions specifically designed for the insurance industry, in its acquisition by Zywave, the leading insurtech provider powering agency growth.
- Leader Bank, N.A. and Leader Bancorp, Inc.
Nutter served as sole outside legal counsel to Leader Bank, N.A. and its parent company Leader Bancorp, Inc. in connection with the recent spin-out of ZSuite Technologies.
- Mide Technology Corporation
Nutter served as sole legal advisor to Midé Technology Corporation, a U.S. company which provides engineering services including problem solving through modeling and analysis, electronic prototyping, commercial research and development, and forensic engineering services, in its acquisition by Paris-based Hutchinson S.A., which manufactures industrial, automotive, and consumer rubber products such as hoses, tubing, bumpers, spoilers, sealants and adhesives, rubber gloves, baby car seats, and sponges.
- Waveguide Inc.
Nutter represented Waveguide Inc., a New Hampshire-based company that specializes in outside plant services for the telecommunications industry, in its merger with Maicom LLC, a provider of critical infrastructure needs.
Nutter advised Agilyx, a leader and pioneer in chemically recycling difficult-to-recycle mixed waste plastic streams into high value low carbon circular feedstocks and fuels, on the formation of a joint venture with AmSty, a leading integrated producer of polystyrene and styrene monomer. The joint venture, Regenyx LLC, will be dedicated to fully recycling post-consumer polystyrene materials back to new polystyrene products.
- Group RHI
Nutter represented Group RHI, a rapidly growing player in the retirement services industry, in its acquisition of Pension Studio, a third party retirement plan administrator with offices in Florida and New England.
- Group RHI
Nutter represented Group RHI, a rapidly growing player in the retirement services industry, in its acquisition of Billings and Company, LLC, an Iowa-based recordkeeping and qualified plan administration company.
- Boston Biomedical Associates, LLC
Nutter represented Boston Biomedical Associates, LLC, a full service medical device, biotech, and pharmaceutical clinical research organization (CRO), in its acquisition by Factory CRO USA Group, LLC, a global leader of specialization in medical device trials.
- Group RHI
Nutter represented Group RHI, a rapidly growing player in the retirement services industry, in its acquisition of America’s 401k, LLC, a Dallas, TX-based, independent third party administrator focused on serving small businesses in offering qualified retirement plans to their employees, and Retirement Investment Administrators, LLC, a recordkeeping and qualified plan administration company also based in Dallas, TX.
- WegoWise, Inc.
Nutter represented WegoWise, Inc., a provider of cloud-based software solutions to owners and managers of buildings to help understand, track, and improve building utility efficiency, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to AppFolio, Inc. (NASDAQ: APPF), a leading provider of cloud-based business software solutions in the real estate and legal markets.
- Definiti LLC
Nutter served as legal counsel to Definiti LLC, a private equity-backed, national leader in the retirement services industry, in connection with its acquisition of Capital Retirement Plan Services, LLC.
- Definiti LLC
Nutter served as legal counsel to Definiti LLC, a private equity-backed, national leader in the retirement services industry, in connection with its acquisition of Boetger Retirement Plan Services, LLC, a full-service design, recordkeeping, administration, and consulting firm specializing in administration of qualified retirement plan programs based in Pennsylvania.
News & Insights
- 09.01.2020 | Press Release
- 09.01.2020 | Press Release
- 07.31.2020 | Press Release
- 02.12.2020 | Press Release
- 01.27.2020 | Press Release
- 01.21.2020 | Press Release
- 12.05.2019 | Press Release
- 08.28.2019 | Press Release
- 07.24.2019 | Press Release
- 05.31.2019 | Press Release
- 05.02.2019 | Press Release
- 02.19.2019 | Press Release
- 02.04.2019 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Boston Biomedical Associates, LLC in its Acquisition by Factory CRO USA Group, LLC01.15.2019 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Group RHI in its Acquisition of America’s 401k, LLC and Retirement Investment Administrators, LLC12.13.2018 | Press Release
- 09.05.2018 | Press Release
- Effects of COVID-19 on the M&A Market: Working Capital Adjustments; Due Diligence; Representations; Post-Signing Considerations04.15.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.03.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.22.2020 | Legal Advisory
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Trinity College, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
In the Community
Active in her community, Portia serves on the executive leadership board of Young Professionals for Youth Villages. Portia also serves on the Captains Committee for Lawyers Have Heart.
Prior to joining Nutter, Portia was an associate in the Boston office of an international law firm. Previously, she was an associate in the Boston office of a prominent New England-based law and a litigation paralegal at a law firm in New York.