Emily Grannon Fox is a partner in Nutter’s Litigation Department and a member of the firm’s Labor, Employment and Benefits practice group. Clients frequently turn to Emily for representation in complex civil litigation, particularly in employment matters.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Assists clients in prosecuting and defending against breaches of non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Member of a team that frequently advises a variety of clients on strategy for restrictive covenants nationwide and enforcing compliance with restrictive covenants both short of litigation and by pursuing injunctive relief and damages in court.
- Assists clients with supply chain lifecycle, including drafting and evaluating sales network, distributor, and employment agreements and restrictive covenants in acquisition and partnership contexts.
- Regularly counsels clients on employment policies and practices, hiring and firing, and changes in Massachusetts law to remain compliant and avoid litigation.
- Defends employers against state and federal claims relating to whistleblower protection statutes, wage and hour laws, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and tortious interference with contractual relations.
Actively involved in the firm’s pro bono efforts, Emily has secured lawful permanent residency for unaccompanied minors who have been abused, abandoned, and neglected in their home country. She represented foster children in a class action lawsuit seeking to reform the state’s child welfare system, and represented other pro bono clients before the Division of Unemployment Assistance, Probate and Family Court, Immigration Court, and on appeal to the Court of Appeals of Veterans Claims.
Prior to joining Nutter, Emily gained experience as a legal intern for the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston and as an intern for a Massachusetts Superior Court judge. During law school, Emily served as articles editor for the Boston College Third World Law Journal and as a student tutor for the law school’s Academic Support Program.
- Innovation Associates
Nutter served as legal counsel to Innovation Associates, the market-leading provider of high-volume pharmacy automation technology and software solutions to the retail, hospital, government, and mail order pharmacy markets, in connection with a consortium of investors led by Greg Wasson, the former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO, acquiring a majority stake to scale the business and enhance its pharmacy automation offerings.
- Fisher International, Inc.
Nutter served as sole legal advisor to Fisher International, Inc., a firm supporting the pulp and paper industry with business intelligence and strategy consulting services, in its acquisition by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm.
- Baril Corporation
Nutter served as legal counsel to Baril Corporation, a leading medical specialty manufacturer of infection prevention, wound care, clinical chemistry, patient monitoring, and medical and surgical consumable products, in its acquisition by TEAM Technologies, Inc., a leading North American healthcare specialty manufacturer focused on oral and dental care and medical end markets.
- Copley Equity Partners
Nutter served as legal counsel to Copley Equity Partners, a Boston-based private investment firm, in its investment to recapitalize, and facilitate the merger of, Aethon Aerial Solutions and Flight Evolved.
- National Women’s Hockey League
Nutter represented the NWHL in connection with its preparation of the NWHL 2021 Season in Lake Placid, including securing a broadcast agreement with NBC Sports Network and a venue agreement for the event with the Herb Brooks Arena. Nutter also represented the NWHL in connection with its reorganization to an unincorporated association and new governance model, resulting in the original six NWHL member clubs being subject to the terms of the NWHL Constitution and Bylaws with each of the member clubs being represented on the NWHL Board of Governors.
- Veristat, LLC
Nutter served as legal counsel to Veristat, LLC, a scientifically minded global clinical research organization (CRO), in its acquisition by WindRose Health Investors, LLC, a New York City-based health care private equity firm.
News & Insights
- Nutter Represents Eastern Bankshares, Inc. in Pending $642 Million Merger With Century Bancorp, Inc.04.12.2021 | Press Release
- 04.07.2021 | Press Release
- 03.25.2021 | Press Release
- 01.22.2021 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Copley Equity Partners in its Investment into Aethon Aerial Solutions and Flight Evolved10.06.2020 | Press Release
- 08.28.2020 | Press Release
- Nutter Elects Six New Partners in its Corporate and Transactions, Litigation, and Private Client Departments01.02.2020 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Innovation Associates in Consortium Investment Led by Former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO Greg Wasson12.17.2019 | Press Release
- 08.21.2019 | Press Release
- Will Bernat, Emily Grannon Fox, and Chris Lindstrom Discuss Employee Compensation and Equity at The Capital Network's Webinar04.07.2021
- Shannon Zollo, Josh French, Emily Fox, Chris Lindstrom, and David Rubin Present on the PPP and Workplace Return Issues at YPO’s Virtual Event10.26.2020
- Moving Forward to the “New Normal”: Considerations for U.S. Employers on Returning to the Workplace Amid COVID-1910.22.2020
- Moving Forward to the “New Normal”: Returning to the Workplace—Key Issues and Strategies for Employers05.19.2020
- 12.17.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 09.28.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Moving Forward to the “New Normal”: U.S. Department of Labor Clarifies Leave Entitlements Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act09.22.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Moving Forward to the “New Normal”: Important Issues for Employers Concerning Governor Baker’s Order Mandating Quarantine After Travel07.30.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Moving Forward to the "New Normal": Guidance to Employers on Employee Out-of-State Travel and the 14-Day Quarantine07.14.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 05.27.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.30.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 09.27.2019 | Legal Advisory
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 03.10.2021
- First Circuit Enforces Delaware Choice-of-Law Provision in Massachusetts-Based Non-Competition AgreementNon-Compete Law Blog, 05.11.2020
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 10.31.2019
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 08.12.2019
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 10.11.2018
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 10.03.2018
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 08.03.2018
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 08.01.2018
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 07.27.2018
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 05.14.2018
- Non-Compete Legislation Update: Minnesota Remains Among States that Require Employers to Provide Advance Notice of any Non-CompeteNon-Compete Law Blog, 12.19.2017
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 10.27.2016
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 09.21.2016
- Non-Compete Law Blog, 08.02.2016
Education & Admissions
Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
Williams College, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
In the Community
Emily has secured lawful permanent residency for unaccompanied minors who have been abused, abandoned, and neglected in their home country. She represented foster children in a class action lawsuit seeking to reform the state’s child welfare system, and represented other pro bono clients before the Division of Unemployment Assistance, Probate and Family Court, Immigration Court, and on appeal to the Court of Appeals of Veterans Claims.
During law school, Emily served as articles editor for the Boston College Third World Law Journal and as a student tutor for the law school’s Academic Support Program.