Will Bernat and Chris Lindstrom Discuss Employee Compensation and Equity at The Capital Network's WebinarPrint PDF
Will Bernat, co-chair of Nutter’s Emerging Companies Group and co-lead of the firm’s Food and Beverage group, and Chris Lindstrom, a partner in the firm’s Labor, Employment and Benefits practice group, will present on employee compensation at The Capital Network's webinar, "Employee Compensation and Equity: Preparing for Growth" on April 7. The event, sponsored by Nutter, will include discussions regarding best equity compensation practices from a legal and accounting perspective when hiring, firing, and incentivizing your team that will align with your startup’s fundraising and growth goals.
Questions that will be covered include:
- What is equity and how do you allocate it?
- As an early stage company with little revenue, how should I think about equity when hiring?
- How should I structure my non-competes and protect my IP rights?
- Who should receive equity now and over time?
- How do I determine “market” compensation for my sector and stage?
- What is the difference between shares, stock options and profits interests?
- What should founders and C-Suite team members receive now and through key milestones?
- What are the tax implications for me and my team?
- How should I structure offer letters and termination policies?
Wednesday, April 7, 2021