Will Bernat, Emily Grannon Fox, and Chris Lindstrom Discuss Employee Compensation and Equity at The Capital Network's WebinarPrint PDF
Will Bernat, co-chair of Nutter’s Emerging Companies Group and co-lead of the firm’s Food and Beverage group and Emily Grannon Fox and Chris Lindstrom, partners in the firm’s Labor, Employment and Benefits practice group, will present on employee compensation at The Capital Network's webinar, "Employee Compensation and Equity: Preparing for Growth" on April 7. The event, sponsored by Nutter, will include discussions regarding best equity compensation practices from a legal and accounting perspective when hiring, firing, and incentivizing your team that will align with your startup’s fundraising and growth goals.
Questions that will be covered include:
- What is equity and how do you allocate it?
- As an early stage company with little revenue, how should I think about equity when hiring?
- How should I structure my non-competes and protect my IP rights?
- Who should receive equity now and over time?
- How do I determine “market” compensation for my sector and stage?
- What is the difference between shares, stock options and profits interests?
- What should founders and C-Suite team members receive now and through key milestones?
- What are the tax implications for me and my team?
- How should I structure offer letters and termination policies?
Wednesday, April 7, 2021