Armand J. Santaniello
Armand J. (A.J.) Santaniello is an associate in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department.
A.J. provides legal counsel to corporations, LLCs, limited partnerships, and other entities on a wide range of issues, including formation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital and angel financing transactions. A.J. also assists financial institutions with corporate and regulatory issues, and low-income housing tax credit facilities.
Prior to joining Nutter, A.J. served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Katherine A. Robertson at the U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts.
During law school, A.J. was an article editor on the Suffolk University Law Review. As a member of the Duberstein Bankruptcy National Moot Court Team, he won best oral advocate at the First Circuit competition. A.J. is a recipient of the Academic Leadership Scholarship, the Jurisprudence Award in Property, and the Thomas A. Pannesi Memorial Scholarship.
- Veristat, LLC
Nutter served as legal counsel to Veristat, LLC, a scientifically minded global clinical research organization (CRO), in its acquisition by WindRose Health Investors, LLC, a New York City-based health care private equity firm.
- AppwoRx LLC
Nutter served as legal counsel to AppwoRx LLC, a Boston-based medical technology manufacturer, in connection with its acquisition by PatientNOW, a private equity-backed computer software company headquartered in Englewood, CO.
- Eastern Bankshares, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Eastern Bank Corporation, the mutual holding company of Eastern Bank, in its conversion to a fully public stock holding company known as Eastern Bankshares, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select Market: EBC).
- Ce3, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Ce3, Inc., a full-service CRO focused on providing early phase oncology clinical development services to the biotechnology industry, in connection with its acquisition by Catalyst Clinical Research, a clinical development organization providing highly customizable clinical research solutions to the global biopharmaceutical industry.
- UrSure, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to UrSure, Inc., an HIV medication adherence diagnostics company, in connection with its acquisition by OraSure Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSUR), a leader in point of care diagnostic tests and specimen collection and stabilization devices, and microbiome laboratory and analytical services.
- Strategic Cyber LLC
Nutter advised Strategic Cyber LLC in connection with its acquisition by HelpSystems, a Minnesota-based IT software company.
- PollyDot, Inc.
Nutter advised PollyDot, Inc., a large Planet Fitness franchisee in Massachusetts, in connection with the sale of all of its clubs.
- Location, Inc.
Nutter advised Location, Inc., a leader in geographic data sciences and predictive, location-based analytics for businesses across the U.S. and Canada, in connection with its acquisition by CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), a leading global property information, analytics, and data-enabled services provider.
Nutter served as sole legal advisor to miEdge, the premier provider of lead generation, data analytics, and prospecting solutions specifically designed for the insurance industry, in its acquisition by Zywave, the leading insurtech provider powering agency growth.
- Code-X, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Code-X, Inc., a software development company, in connection with a Series A financing.
News & Insights
- 07.14.2021 | Press Release
- 04.07.2021 | Press Release
- 03.22.2021 | Press Release
- 01.05.2021 | Announcement
- Nutter Represents Eastern Bankshares, Inc. in Historic Initial Public Offering: Largest Full Conversion by U.S. Bank10.19.2020 | Press Release
- 08.06.2020 | Press Release
- 06.02.2020 | Press Release
- 03.11.2020 | Press Release
- 02.12.2020 | Press Release
- 01.23.2020 | Press Release
- 12.05.2019 | Press Release
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and AJ Santaniello Analyze How New Regulator Signals Biden’s Emphasis on Housing Equality07.22.2021 | Article
- 05.19.2021 | Legal Advisory
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and AJ Santaniello Discuss Financial Industry's Growing Use of Artificial Intelligence05.09.2021 | Article
- Fintech in Brief: Federal Reserve Board Proposes Guidelines for Approving Master Accounts and Other Services05.06.2021 | Legal Advisory
- Fintech in Brief: Banking Agencies Request Information on the Use of Artificial Intelligence by Financial Institutions04.05.2021 | Legal Advisory
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and AJ Santaniello Discuss Risk and Reward of Cryptocurrency03.14.2021 | Article
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and AJ Santaniello Discuss New Administration's Financial Regulators02.14.2021 | Article
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and AJ Santaniello Address Fintechs Gaining Bank Charters in 202001.17.2021 | Article
- 01.06.2021 | Legal Advisory
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and AJ Santaniello Discuss Systemic Threats to U.S. Economy12.27.2020 | Article
- 12.09.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Writing for Banker & Tradesman, Tom Curry, Kate Henry, and A.J. Santaniello Discuss Climate Change and Financial Stability12.01.2020 | Article
- 10.29.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 05.13.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Effects of COVID-19 on the M&A Market: Working Capital Adjustments; Due Diligence; Representations; Post-Signing Considerations04.15.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.03.2020 | Legal Advisory
Education & Admissions
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
Northeastern University, B.S., summa cum laude
During law school, A.J. was a staff member of the Suffolk University Law Review and director of external affairs for the Student Bar Association.