Shannon S. Zollo
Shannon S. Zollo is a partner in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department and chair of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions practice group. He advises clients on a wide range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, executive compensation, and corporate governance.
Clients frequently rely on Shannon to serve as their outside general counsel. He has extensive experience in advising investor and executive management clients on private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represented Globe Composite Solutions, LLC, a navy submarine supplier, in its acquisition by ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), a global provider of highly engineered products and solutions to diverse and growing end-markets.
- Represented DTM Packaging and Custom Automation, a leader in machinery manufacturing and re-manufacturing, in its acquisition by The Massman Companies, a Minnesota-based team of machinery and technology companies.
- Represented Firehouse Capital, Inc., a privately held investment company with a focus on investments in early stage technology companies and real estate, in its investment of the acquisition of TLC@Home, a leading non-medical home care agency.
- Advised Invoke Solutions, Inc., a market research company with a unique platform for large scale focus groups, in a merger transaction with Academic Management Systems, Inc., which provides academic productivity software.
- Represented Audley Travel US, Inc., a subsidiary of a leading private equity backed UK travel service, in its negotiation of a major credit facility with Barclays Bank.
- Advised Epoxy Technologies, Inc., a leading manufacturer of specialty adhesives, in its acquisition of JP Kummar GmbH.
- Represent Bone Biologics (OTC: BBLG), a developer of orthobiologic products, in corporate governance and securities law matters.
- Represent BioAxone BioSciences Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing new medicines to treat patients with SCI, neurotrauma and neurovascular disorders, in corporate governance and licensing matters.
- Represented an analytical contract research organization (CRO) supporting the development of complex biologics and biosimilars in its acquisition by Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. (NYSE: CRL).
- Represented a health and wellness company in a $92 million growth equity/recapitalization financing led by Insight Venture Partners.
- Advised a specialty chemical supplier to the oil and gas industry in its $100 million sale to Arsenal Capital Partners.
- Represented a provider of nanocrystalline calcium-phosphate-based biomaterials that promote the repair and regeneration of damaged bone in its $60 million acquisition by a leading medical device company.
- Advised an electrical company in its acquisition by a private equity backed leader in the utilities industry.
- Advised a globally renowned, high performance audio company in its acquisition by a Canadian-based private equity firm.
- Represented a provider of water hauling, disposal, and acid services for oil and gas exploration and production companies in its $50 million sale to a publicly-traded closed-end investment company.
- Represented a medical device company in its $11 million sale to Swisslog USA, Inc.
- Advised a provider of speech recognition software in its $15 million sale to a multinational computer software technology company.
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of scientific instruments for oceanographic research and monitoring in its acquisition by an American industrial conglomerate.
- Advised a provider of undersea electrical interconnect subsystems to the global submarine market in its $37 million sale to a global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
- Represented a biotechnology company focused on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases in a sale of certain assets to a California-based biotechnology company.
Active in numerous professional and civic organizations, Shannon is the co-founder of Exit Planning Exchange (XPX), a multi-disciplinary community of professional advisors who help owners build and transition the value of their businesses, and a member of the board of directors of the TB12 Foundation, LLC, a non-profit organization that is dedicated to maximizing the health, well-being, and athletic potential of elite young American amateur athletes. In addition, he is a member of ACG Boston (Association for Corporate Growth) and a member of the board of trustees of Cristo Rey Boston High School, where he chairs the Development Committee.
Shannon often presents and is quoted in the media on business issues, including transactions, financing, and emerging trends in private equity and venture capital. He is fluent in Portuguese.
Prior to joining Nutter, Shannon was a partner at a prominent Massachusetts law firm. Previously, he served as general counsel at a telecommunications company.
- Copley Equity Partners
Nutter served as legal counsel to Copley Equity Partners, a Boston-based private investment firm, in its minority growth capital investment in Gregory FCA, one of the nation’s 50 largest public relations firms.
- Innovation Associates
Nutter served as legal counsel to Innovation Associates, the market-leading provider of high-volume pharmacy automation technology and software solutions to the retail, hospital, government, and mail order pharmacy markets, in connection with a consortium of investors led by Greg Wasson, the former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO, acquiring a majority stake to scale the business and enhance its pharmacy automation offerings.
- McCarthy Capital
Nutter served as legal counsel to McCarthy Capital Fund VI in connection with its partnership with Big Belly Solar, the global leader in smart waste solutions for public spaces, to recapitalize Bigbelly and provide further cash investment to accelerate growth.
- DTM Packaging and Custom Automation
Nutter served as legal advisor to DTM Packaging and Custom Automation, a leader in machinery manufacturing and re-manufacturing, in its acquisition by The Massman Companies, a Minnesota-based team of machinery and technology companies.
- Globe Composite Solutions, LLC
Nutter served as legal advisor to Globe Composite Solutions, LLC (Globe), a navy submarine supplier, in its acquisition by ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), a global provider of highly engineered products and solutions to diverse and growing end-markets that include the aerospace, space, healthcare, wireless, consumer electronics, electric utility, and renewable energy industries.
News & Insights
- 01.07.2020 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Innovation Associates in Consortium Investment Led by Former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO Greg Wasson12.17.2019 | Press Release
- 12.16.2019 | Press Release
- 09.13.2019 | Press Release
- 08.15.2019 | Press Release
- 07.09.2019 | Press Release
- Shannon Zollo Quoted on States’ Authority to Investigate Acquisitions in ThinkAdvisor and Corporate Counsel10.29.2018 | Media Coverage
- 08.27.2018 | Press Release
- 06.11.2018 | Press Release
- Nutter Welcomes Four Lawyers to Its Corporate and Transactions Department, reports the Boston Business Journal06.11.2018 | Media Coverage
- Shannon Zollo to Present on Representations and Warranties Insurance in M&A at XPX New England Event06.11.2019
- Nutter Hosts ‘Planning the Future of Your Company; Buy, Sell or Hold: Strategies for Maximizing Value’10.30.2018
- 05.09.2019 | Insights
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
Education & Admissions
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
Brigham Young University, Sc.B
Shannon often presents and is quoted in the media on business issues, including transactions, financing, and emerging trends in private equity and venture capital.
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2020