Shannon S. Zollo
Shannon S. Zollo is a partner in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department and chair of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions practice group. He advises clients on a wide range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, executive compensation, and corporate governance.
Early stage and middle market clients frequently rely on Shannon to serve as their outside general counsel. He has extensive experience in advising investor and executive management clients on private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represented Firehouse Capital, Inc., a privately held investment company with a focus on investments in early stage technology companies and real estate, in its investment of the acquisition of TLC@Home, a leading non-medical home care agency.
- Advised Invoke Solutions, Inc., a market research company with a unique platform for large scale focus groups, in a merger transaction with Academic Management Systems, Inc., which provides academic productivity software.
- Represented Audley Travel US, Inc., a subsidiary of a leading private equity backed UK travel service, in its negotiation of a major credit facility with Barclays Bank.
- Advised Expoxy Technologies, Inc., a leading manufacturer of specialty adhesives, in its acquisition of JP Kummar GmbH.
- Represented Fuel For Fire, Inc., a health and nutrition retailer, in a Series B Convertible Preferred Stock financing.
- Represented an analytical contract research organization (CRO) supporting the development of complex biologics and biosimilars in its acquisition by Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. (NYSE: CRL).
- Represented a health and wellness company in a $92 million growth equity/recapitalization financing led by Insight Venture Partners.
- Advised a specialty chemical supplier to the oil and gas industry in its $100 million sale to Arsenal Capital Partners.
- Represented a provider of nanocrystalline calcium-phosphate-based biomaterials that promote the repair and regeneration of damaged bone in its $60 million acquisition by a leading medical devices company.
- Advised an electrical company in its acquisition by a private equity backed leader in the utilities industry.
- Advised a globally renowned, high performance audio company in its acquisition by a Canadian-based private equity firm.
- Represented a provider of water hauling, disposal, and acid services for oil and gas exploration and production companies in its $50 million sale to a publicly-traded closed-end investment company.
- Represented a medical device company in its $11 million sale to Swisslog USA, Inc.
- Advised a provider of speech recognition software in its $15 million sale to a multinational computer software technology company.
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of scientific instruments for oceanographic research and monitoring in its acquisition by an American industrial conglomerate.
- Advised a provider of undersea electrical interconnect subsystems to the global submarine market in its $37 million sale to a global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
- Represented a biotechnology company focused on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases in a sale of certain assets to a California-based biotechnology company.
Active in numerous professional and civic organizations, Shannon is the co-founder of Exit Planning Exchange (XPX), a multi-disciplinary community of professional advisors who help owners build and transition the value of their businesses, and a member of the board of directors of the TB12 Foundation, LLC, a non-profit organization formed by Tom Brady that is dedicated to maximizing the health, well-being, and athletic potential of elite young American amateur athletes. In addition, he is a member of ACG Boston (Association for Corporate Growth), a member of the board of directors of SMART TEAM Institute of Youth Sports Safety, and a member of the board of trustees of Cristo Rey Boston High School. Shannon has served on both the Finance Committee and the Town Council of Franklin, Mass.
Shannon often presents and is quoted in the media on business issues, including transactions, financing, and emerging trends in private equity and venture capital. He is fluent in Portuguese.
Prior to joining Nutter, Shannon was a partner at a prominent Massachusetts law firm. Previously, he served as general counsel at a telecommunications company.
News & Insights
Education & Admissions
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
- Brigham Young University, Sc.B