David A. Libardoni
David A. Libardoni is an associate in Nutter’s Real Estate Department and a member of the firm’s Development, Land Use and Permitting practice group. A diverse range of clients rely on David for advising on complex commercial acquisitions, dispositions, permitting, development, leasing, and financing matters, in particular with performing zoning, title, and survey due diligence, drafting conveyance, financing, and leasing documents, obtaining zoning relief and managing the closings for a variety of transactions.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Representation of industrial real estate investor and developer in its acquisition, financing, leasing and development of industrial assets with an aggregate value of over $75 million.
- Representation of a life insurance company in connection with a $112 million loan to a joint venture secured by a Class A office and research laboratory building in the Longwood Medical Area in Boston.
- Representation of an oil and gas company on the sale and disposition of over 90 fuel service stations located throughout the Northeast.
- Representation of developer in connection with permitting and zoning relief necessary for the acquisition and redevelopment of historic religious structure into residential condominium in downtown Boston.
- Representation of nationally recognized commercial lender in connection with a $60 million loan for a newly constructed apartment tower in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of real estate investor in its $64 million joint venture acquisition of a portfolio of office and warehouse properties and on-going financing and disposition of portfolio assets.
- Representation of multi-family housing developers in connection with Chapter 40B affordable housing projects in Greater Boston.
- Representation of a hotel developer in dismissal of a Chapter 91 Waterways Act appeal before the Department of Environmental Protection.
David is committed to the firm’s pro bono efforts. He has worked with Medical-Legal Partnership | Boston and the Volunteer Lawyers Project to represent pro bono clients in landlord-tenant disputes.
During law school, David served as editor in chief of the Boston College Law Review and received the Cornelius J. Moynihan Award for Outstanding Editorial Work in Publications. His note, Prisoners of Fame: How an Expanded Use of Intrusion Upon Psychological Seclusion Can Protect the Privacy of Former Public Figures, 54 B.C.L.REV. 1455 (2013), was published in the Boston College Law Review.
His other legal experience includes a judicial internship for the Honorable Mary M. Lisi of the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island.
After graduating from Tufts University, David received a Fulbright Grant from the U.S. Department of State, and served as an English teaching assistant and cultural ambassador in South Korea.
- Phoenix Property Company/Lincoln Property Company
Nutter represents a joint venture between Phoenix Property Company /Lincoln Property Company and an institutional investor in the permitting and transactional aspects of a large, complex, multi-party residential/hotel/retail mixed-use project with underground garage to be constructed on the land known as Parcel K, owned by the Massachusetts Port Authority, that is located in the Seaport District in Boston. The Project will consist of a 12-story apartment building with 304 apartments, a 12-story, 294-room hotel, office and retail space in both towers and a 1-level underground garage. Our work leading up to the initial closing involved the negotiation of: the acquisition of the Project development rights from a prior developer; the joint venture between Phoenix Property Company/Lincoln Property Company and an institutional investor; the transfer of the hotel development rights to a joint venture between Hyatt Hotels Corporation and a hotel operator; multiple ground leases with Massport for the separate Project components; a construction loan with JPMorgan Chase, N.A. as lead lender; and a complex reciprocal easement agreement among the different Project components; as well as addressing complex permitting and title issues (including the creation of multiple air rights parcels).
News & Insights
- 01.18.2018 | Article
Education & Admissions
Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude
Tufts University, B.A.
David performed title, survey, and zoning review for a client’s $64 million joint venture acquisition of a portfolio of office and warehouse properties in Massachusetts and Connecticut and on-going financing and disposition of portfolio assets.
After graduating from Tufts University, David received a Fulbright Grant from the U.S. Department of State and served as an English teaching assistant and cultural ambassador in South Korea.