Matthew P. Doring
Matthew Doring is a partner and Deputy Chair of Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department. He focuses his practice on finance, partnership matters, and all aspects of business law. Matthew has extensive experience advising lenders and borrowers in senior, second lien, franchise financing, tax-exempt financing, equipment financing, subordinated debt transactions, and derivatives transactions.
Institutional lenders, underwriters, manufacturers, nonprofits, and real estate investors and developers regularly engage Matthew for legal counsel on a wide range of transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, contract negotiations, and partnership agreements. Additionally, he advises for-profit and nonprofit organizations in the area of corporate governance. He often represents regional and national investors and developers in the preparation of operative and partnership documents as well as national banks in their syndications and participations.
A leader in the legal community, Matthew is involved in numerous professional organizations, including:
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts
Matthew frequently lectures on commercial finance, corporate law, and real estate topics, and serves as an active counselor to banks on current topics including the PPP and Main Street Lending programs, as well as LIBOR transition matters. Active in the community, he has served on the Small Business of the Year Committee for the Boston Chamber of Commerce and as an Executive Committee member, trustee, and clerk for the Essex County Community Foundation. In addition, Matthew has served on the board of directors of the Ipswich Family YMCA and is the past president and travel coach for Triton Youth Basketball.
Prior to joining Nutter, Matthew was a partner in the Boston office of a prominent New England-based law firm. During law school, he was named an Honors Law Scholar.
- Tuscan Village
Nutter represented its client, Tuscan Village, in connection with a $60 million construction loan for the development of South Village, part of the Tuscan Village project.
- Beyonic, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Beyonic, Inc., a digital payments management provider of business services for SMEs, fintechs, and social impact entities across Africa, in its acquisition by MFS Africa Limited, Africa’s largest digital payments hub.
- Edgewood Retirement Community Inc., The Baldwin Senior Living, and Edgewood Senior Solutions Group Inc.
Nutter represented Edgewood Retirement Community Inc., The Baldwin Senior Living, and Edgewood Senior Solutions Group Inc. in connection with the acquisition of a 15.1 acre property in Londonderry, NH, where it plans to build an all-new, one-of-a-kind senior living community called The Baldwin.
News & Insights
- 03.04.2021 | Press Release
- Nutter Assists With The Baldwin’s Deal for Woodmont Commons Land, Setting Stage for Innovative New Senior Living Community10.27.2020 | Press Release
- 04.06.2020 | Press Release
- 06.11.2018 | Press Release
- 10.09.2017 | Media Coverage
- 09.26.2017 | Press Release
- 05.27.2021 | Legal Update
- 04.29.2021 | Legal Update
- 03.30.2021 | Legal Update
- 02.25.2021 | Legal Update
- 01.28.2021 | Legal Update
- 12.28.2020 | Legal Update
- 12.22.2020 | Legal Update
- 11.24.2020 | Legal Update
- 10.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 09.30.2020 | Legal Update
- 08.27.2020 | Legal Update
- 07.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 06.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 06.17.2020 | Legal Update
- 05.28.2020 | Legal Update
- 05.07.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.29.2020 | Legal Update
- Effects of COVID-19 on the M&A Market: Working Capital Adjustments; Due Diligence; Representations; Post-Signing Considerations04.15.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.10.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.06.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.03.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.31.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.28.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.27.2020 | Legal Update
- Special Edition Nutter Bank Report: Federal Reserve Announces Extraordinary Second Wave of New Initiatives in Response to the Global Pandemic03.24.2020 | Legal Update
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Massachusetts (2007-2008, 2010-2012)
Education & Admissions
Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
In the Community
Matthew has served on the Small Business of the Year Committee for the Boston Chamber of Commerce and is an Executive Committee member, trustee, and clerk for the Essex County Community Foundation. In addition, Matthew has served on the board of directors of the Ipswich Family YMCA and is the president and a travel coach for Triton Youth Basketball.
Matthew is involved in numerous professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Business Law Sections of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations, and the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts.