Peter R.V. Brown
Peter R.V. Brown is a partner in Nutter's Private Client Department. With over 30 years of experience, Peter represents high net worth individuals and families in estate and tax planning and estate and trust administration. Peter works closely with families to provide for beneficiaries in thoughtful ways, taking into account not only tax issues, but also family values, the personal attributes of beneficiaries, their financial needs, and creditor protection. With broad expertise in charitable giving, Peter has deep roots in the arts community and has assisted clients with significant donations to Boston’s elite cultural institutions, including several recent groundbreaking collections to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
Peter has extensive involvement in the legal and philanthropic community outside of his law practice. His leadership includes serving as a trustee of the Brimmer and May School, where he also serves on the Development Committee; a board member and officer of Moonbox Productions, Inc.; a board and Finance Committee member of the Associates of the Boston Public Library; and a member of the Board of Overseers of Newton Wellesley Hospital. Peter is a member of the Boston Bar Association and a former chair of its Trusts and Estates Section. He is also a former chair and officer of the Board of Directors of the Northeast Affiliate of the American Heart Association, having served as chair of the Massachusetts Affiliate for two years, and a former member and moderator of the Steering Committee of the Boston Probate and Estate Planning Forum. Peter has also served as chair and officer of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation. In addition, Peter serves as treasurer and secretary of the Lincoln and Therese Filene Foundation and as the director, treasurer and secretary of the Helen and George Ladd Charitable Foundation.
Peter has been a frequent lecturer for the Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, and ALI/ABA. During law school, Peter was executive editor of the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review.
News & Insights
- 08.15.2019 | Press Release
- 07.12.2019 | Press Release
- 08.15.2018 | Press Release
- 07.20.2018 | Press Release
- Peter Brown Named Chairman of the Board of the Associates of the Boston Public Library, Reports The Boston Sun07.16.2018 | Media Coverage
- 07.16.2018 | Media Coverage
- 07.02.2018 | Press Release
- 09.29.2017 | Media Coverage
- 09.15.2017 | Press Release
- 08.15.2017 | Press Release
- Forty-four Nutter Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Edition of Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars10.30.2015
- October 2013
- October 2012
- 12.18.2015 | Legal Advisory
- 07.10.2013 | Legal Advisory
- 11.14.2012 | Legal Advisory
Chambers High Net Worth (HNW), 2016-2019
The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2020
Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2005-2019
Education & Admissions
Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude
Harvard University, A.B., cum laude
In the Community
Peter has extensive involvement in the legal and philanthropic community outside of his law practice. His leadership includes serving as a trustee of the Brimmer and May School, where he also serves on the Development Committee.
- Chambers High Net Worth (HNW), 2016-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2020
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2005-2019