Micah W. Miller
Micah W. Miller is a partner in Nutter’s Litigation Department and a member of the firm’s IP Litigation practice group. Micah frequently counsels clients in a variety of industries on their complex IP issues and disputes. He has significant trial experience in patent cases throughout the country. Outside of litigation, Micah works with clients to develop IP strategies to support their business objectives.
Drawing on his experience as a software engineer, Micah advises clients on matters in a broad range of technologies, including:
- Computer storage
- Content delivery networks
- Computer graphics
- Data compression
- Electrical components
- Machine vision
- Mass spectrometry
- Medical diagnostic devices
- Solar cells
- Semiconductor processing and defect analysis
- Video encoding
- Video on demand
Micah is committed to pro bono work. Working with the Victim Rights Law Center or the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office Domestic Violence Pro Bono initiative, he has assisted several pro bono clients in obtaining abuse prevention orders. He has also represented pro bono clients in federal district and immigration courts.
He is also engaged in civic activities. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Appleseed Center for Law and Justice and is a past member of the Boston Bar Association's Public Interest Leadership Program.
Prior to joining Nutter, Micah was an associate at an international law firm in Boston, where he focused on patent litigation, patent prosecution, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office post-grant proceedings, and intellectual property portfolio development. Previously, he was a software engineer at IBM, where he developed hardware management and tracking functions within the i5 operating system. His experience also extends to storage, clustering, and autonomic computing technologies.
News & Insights
- Nutter Elects Six New Partners in its Corporate and Transactions, Litigation, and Private Client Departments01.02.2020 | Press Release
- 06.28.2018 | Media Coverage
- 07.24.2017 | Media Coverage
- 07.24.2017 | Media Coverage
- Patent Litigation in a Pandemic: Courts Forge Ahead And Patentees Continue to Institute New Cases Despite Coronavirus05.05.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.13.2020 | Legal Advisory
- IP Law Bulletin, 03.09.2018
- Naming Exclusive Licensee as Defendant, Exclusively, Leads to Dismissal of Declaratory Judgment ActionIP Law Bulletin, 08.28.2017
- IP Law Bulletin, 06.19.2017
- IP Law Bulletin, 06.05.2017
- IP Law Bulletin, 04.18.2017
Education & Admissions
Washington University School of Law, J.D.
Stanford University, B.S.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Drawing on his professional experience, Micah frequently counsels clients on patent matters and disputes in a broad range of technologies. Previously, he was a software engineer at IBM, where he developed hardware management and tracking functions within the i5 operating system.
During law school, Micah was a Walter Moran Farmer Scholar, an honor awarded in recognition of his intellectual, leadership, and community service achievements.