Suzanne Hamel is a partner in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department. She focuses her practice on private equity, venture capital, emerging company representation, mergers and acquisitions, venture debt, and general corporate law.
Private companies, venture capital firms, emerging companies, and individual investors frequently engage Suzanne for legal advice on venture capital financings, private equity financings, merger and acquisitions, debt financings, executive compensation, and corporate matters. She has extensive experience in venture capital financings, day-to-day corporate counseling, investments, mergers, acquisitions, sale of assets, private placements, employment, non-competition, consulting, and nondisclosure and assignment of invention agreements. Suzanne’s practice is heavily transactions-based, and she also serves as outside general counsel to clients in various industries.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represented an e-commerce company in its $25 million Series A financing by a venture capital firm.
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $42 million Series A financing of a biotech company focused on developing precision therapeutics.
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $70 million Series A financing of a gene therapy company.
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $100 million Series A financing of a company focusing on early detection of cancer.
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $30 million Series A financing of a company developing therapies designed to treat severe genetic diseases.
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $133 million Series E financing of a company developing programs focusing on dementia.
- Represented a venture capital fund in $24 million Series B financing of a global fertility benefits company.
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $110 million Series A financing of a biotechnology company developing new treatment options for therapy neurodegenerative diseases.
- Represented a ticket software company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a ticket marketplace company.
- Represented an early stage company developing Covid tests in a bridge financing.
- Represented an individual investor in various early stage investments.
- Represented a health care business in a $37 million sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a veterinary business in a $35 million sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a leading live event ticket B2B exchange company in a combination with a professional ticket seller platform company and purchase of assets of various ticket software applications.
Suzanne has extensive experience advising clients in the following industries:
- Life sciences
- Medical devices and diagnostics
- Technology, Internet, and e-commerce
- Tickets and events
Prior to joining Nutter, Suzanne was an attorney at a Boston-based corporate boutique law firm. Before that, she was an associate at two international law firms. She has also served as outside general counsel to BioSystem Solutions, Inc. and Ticket Technology Holding Company, L.L.C.
During law school, Suzanne was a member of Law Review, a research assistant and named a Dean’s Fellow. Additionally, she interned for the Honorable David S. Tatel of the U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit and at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
News & Insights
- Nutter Strengthens Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Practices With Addition of New Partner Tracy A. Vitols07.12.2021 | Press Release
- 06.23.2021 | Press Release
- 06.22.2021 | Media Coverage
Education & Admissions
George Washington University School of Law, J.D.
Lesley College, B.S., magna cum laude
- Washington, D.C.