Nutter Hosts BPART Annual Luncheon ‘B Corporations: A CEO Panel’Print PDF
Nutter will serve as host of the Boston Philanthropic Advisors Roundtable (BPART) annual luncheon program ‘B Corporations: A CEO Panel’ on November 18. The program will focus on how a growing number of companies are choosing to become B Corporations and are becoming certified as B Corporations by B Labs, a nonprofit organization. B Corporations are committed to verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.
Topics discussed will include:
- What does it mean to become a B Corp?
- How is this status achieved and maintained?
- What are the benefits of becoming a B Corp?
- How might we use the power of markets to address social and environmental problems?
- How can becoming a B Corp help companies achieve their social mission?
Panelists include two leading B Corp CEOs: Mike Brady, CEO of Greyston Bakery, and Eric Hudson, CEO of Preserve, who will present about this new trend which is changing the nature of business. The panel will be moderated by Deborah Leipziger, an author, consultant, professor, and Senior Fellow in Social Innovation at the Lewis Institute at Babson College, who advises companies, UN agencies, and governments on sustainability and human rights issues.