Mark C. Jensen
Mark C. Jensen is Of Counsel in Nutter’s Litigation Department and a member of the firm’s Securities Enforcement and Litigation practice group. A seasoned securities lawyer, Mark counsels clients on Securities Act (’33 Act), Securities Exchange Act (’34 Act), and Investment Company Act (’40 Act) claims. Clients also rely on Mark’s advice concerning transactional, governance, and regulatory matters involving mutual funds and variable insurance products.
Mark regularly advises clients on:
- Securities class actions under ’33 and ’34 Acts
- Excessive fee claims under section 36(b) of the ’40 Act
- Securities arbitrations
- Regulatory investigations
- Internal investigations
- Corporate insurance claims
- Risk mitigation assignments
Prior to joining Nutter, Mark was Vice President, Associate General Counsel of one of the leading financial services companies, focusing on litigation and investigations. He also has extensive experience providing advice on legal and compliance issues of investment advisers, mutual funds and variable insurance products, as well as corporate liability and directors and officers insurance.
Mark continues his leadership outside the firm by serving as board president of Brookline Community Mental Health Center and as a board member and treasurer of Graywolf Press in Minneapolis.
News & Insights
- 06.11.2018 | Press Release
- 06.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 06.22.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 06.17.2020 | Legal Update
- 05.28.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.10.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.06.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.31.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.27.2020 | Legal Update
- Special Edition Nutter Bank Report: Federal Reserve Announces Extraordinary Second Wave of New Initiatives in Response to the Global Pandemic03.24.2020 | Legal Update
- 10.18.2019 | Article
- Writing for Law360, Mark Jensen, Ian Roffman, and Mike Krebs Analyze the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ‘Regulation Best Interest’ Rules09.11.2018 | Article
- 06.28.2018 | Legal Update
- 02.15.2018 | Legal Update
- 09.26.2017 | Article
Education & Admissions
Duke University School of Law, J.D. with distinction
Dartmouth College, AB, magna cum laude
In the Community
Mark serves as board president of Brookline Community Mental Health Center and as a board member and treasurer of Graywolf Press in Minneapolis.
A seasoned securities lawyer, Mark counsels clients on Securities Act (’33 Act), Securities Exchange Act (’34 Act), and Investment Company Act (’40 Act) claims.