Paul Ayoub Discusses Board Leadership on “On Boards” PodcastPrint PDF
Paul Ayoub, a member of Nutter’s Executive Committee, was featured as a guest of ‘On Boards Podcast.’ In the episode, Paul shares his views on effective board leadership, composition and the critical importance of diversity, equity and inclusion to the effectiveness of the organization. Having served on numerous boards, including as chair of each of the national Board of Directors of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce and the Real Estate Finance Association, Paul shares his experience and knowledge of what makes a board successful, how to collaborate effectively with board members and management leadership, and getting the right people at the table.
“Composition and culture are critical if you want to have a successful board and are essential ingredients for effective strategic planning and collaboration. It is not opinion, but proven fact, that diversity makes a board stronger and better. Also, it takes a dedicated investment in time to recruit, build, train and integrate a diverse board.”
Paul, a member of Nutter’s Nonprofit and Social Impact Practice Group, advises for-profit and non-profit organizations in the area of corporate governance. His personal board experience includes:
- Vice-Chair, Board of Governors, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital;
- Prior Chair and current Board member, ALSAC;
- Prior Chair and current Chair Emeritus and Board member, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce;
- Past Chair and current Board member, Real Estate Finance Association;
- Current member, Board of Incorporators of the Boston Local Development Corporation;
- Board of Directors, Greater Boston Real Estate Board;
- Board of Trustees, Noble and Greenough School; and
- Board of Trustees, The Park School.
Paul also is a member of Nutter’s Real Estate Department and represents clients in the financing and development of commercial real estate projects in Boston, New England and throughout the country.
On Boards Podcast focuses on board of directors and advisors and all aspects of governance. Twice a month, On Boards is the place to learn about one of the most critically important aspects of any company or organization – its board of directors or advisors – as well as the important issues that are facing boards, company leadership and stakeholders.