Nutter Congratulates Three Companies on Receiving 2020 BPLA Invented Here! AwardsPrint PDF
Nutter’s Intellectual Property Department congratulates Boston University, OtoSense, Inc. (now part of Analog Devices), and the University of Massachusetts, and the respective inventors, for their recognition at the 2020 Boston Patent Law Association (BPLA) Invented Here! Awards. Nutter worked with these inventors and their respective organizations on drafting and prosecuting to allowance each of the four patents that were honored. The 10th annual BPLA Invented Here! program celebrates New England innovators, their inventions, and the stories behind their innovations.
The recognized patents are:
- Systems and Methods for Identifying a Sound Event (U.S. Patent No. 9,812,152)
- Applicant: OtoSense, Inc. (assigned to Analog Devices)
- Inventor: Sebastien J. V. Christian
- Nutter Prosecuting Patent Attorney: Rory P. Pheiffer
- Apparatus for Improving Magnetic Resonance Imaging (U.S. Patent No. 10,324,152)
- Applicant: Trustees of Boston University
- Inventors: Xin Zhang, Stephan Anderson, Guangwu Duan, and Xiaoguang Zhao
- Nutter Prosecuting Patent Attorney: Thomas J. Tuytschaevers
- Systems and Methods for Asymmetric Backscatter Communications (U.S. Patent No. 10,452,876); and Systems and Methods for Backscatter Communication (U.S. Patent No. 10,498,569)
The BPLA received 78 patent nominations, covering a wide range of sciences and technologies, with just 18 selected as award recipients in 2020. These cutting-edge inventors were honored at a virtual awards event on November 17.
Nutter’s Intellectual Property Department advises clients on a broad array of issues, including patent portfolio development, counseling, and prosecution; IP due diligence; litigation; trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets; technology licensing; international IP rights; opinions of counsel; and more. Nutter attorneys help clients to unlock the value of their IP, creating revenue streams from licensing and sales. Global corporations, mid-market and emerging companies, major universities and research institutions, inventors, investors, and entrepreneurs turn to Nutter’s team for a wide variety of IP matters. Nutter is recognized in the WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals 2020 and Best Lawyers in America 2021 for Patent Law and Trademark Law.