All Inclusive Boston: Let Us Introduce You to a Boston You May Not Know...YetPrint PDF
Tourism, the third-largest industry in Massachusetts, has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. In April 2021, the City of Boston launched the “All Inclusive Boston” campaign to showcase diverse tourism, across all Boston neighborhoods, as part of an equitable recovery initiative.
The collaborative team of Colette Phillips Communications, Proverb Agency, and the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau developed the “All Inclusive Boston” campaign, which highlights attractions and events that speak to the experience of people of color in Boston. The campaign includes many local businesses owned and run by women and people of color, TJ Douglas of The Urban Grape in the South End. Vibrant small businesses, local attractions, and eclectic neighborhoods across the city are the pillars of this campaign.
Our panel will discuss how their vision will renew and reimagine the way Boston is perceived locally and beyond:
• Why is “All Inclusive Boston” needed at this time?
• How does the campaign show visitors a Boston beyond traditional tourist sites?
• How will the campaign increase awareness and drive trips to Boston’s neighborhoods from local and regional visitors?
• How will “All Inclusive Boston” enhance economic recovery?
• Daren Bascome, Founder, Proverb Agency
• Hadley Douglas and TJ Douglas, Founders, The Urban Grape
• Colette Phillips, President and CEO, Colette Phillips Communications
• Martha Sheridan, President and CEO, Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GBCVB)
• Bill Kennedy, Chair, Public Policy, Nutter
Monday, May 17, 2021