Ransomware Attacks: Are You Doing Enough To Protect Your Bank?Print PDF
Ransomware attacks are on the rise and have become a top of mind challenge across all industries, with the financial sector being a tempting target. At the May 27 House Financial Services Committee hearing, which included the CEOs of the six largest banks, four of the executives cited cybersecurity as the most dangerous threat to the banking system. According to a September report from the Government Accountability Office, the banking industry is a leading target for cyber-based attacks because of their reliance on information technology providers and supply chain partners.
Please join us for a webinar that will cover the following topics:
- The latest happenings with ransomware and lessons learned from recent ransomware attacks.
- How to stay vigilant and help protect your bank from ransomware attacks.
- How to respond if your bank is the target of a ransomware attack.
- How cyber insurance can help in the event of a ransomware attack and the security controls that cyber insurance underwriters are seeking.
- Does payment of ransom expose a victimized bank to risk of sanctions for violating OFAC regulations?
- Seth Berman, Partner and leader of the Privacy and Data Security practice group, Nutter
- Tom Curry, Partner in the Corporate and Transactions Department and a co-leader of the Banking and Financial Services group, Nutter
- John Doernberg, National Director, Cyber Practice, Arthur J. Gallagher
Wednesday, July 21, 2021