ACC-Northeast and Nutter: Why You Need an Estate Plan and Steps to Getting the Right One in PlacePrint PDF
As in-house counsel, we understand the importance of ensuring that our organizations have contingency and disaster preparedness plans. Many times, however, we do not pay the same careful attention to our own preparations for the crises that could come our way. As the old proverb goes, “the shoemaker’s children go barefoot.” Having the right estate plan in place is a crucial step toward putting our personal affairs in order.
- The purpose of an estate plan and the importance of keeping it up to date.
- The role that wills and trusts play in an estate plan, what happens without them, and the benefits they provide.
- The role of health care proxies and powers of attorney in disability planning and other measures to consider.
- Actions you can take now to review your estate plan, identify your next steps and prepare for moving forward.
- Julia Satti Cosentino, Partner, Private Client, Co-Chair, Nonprofit and Social Impact
- Sara Goldman Curley, Partner and Deputy Chair, Private Client
Wednesday, March 31, 2021