Nutter hosts Boston Patent Law Association (BPLA) Biotechnology Committee – Biotech and Pharma IP ForumPrint PDF
Nutter is hosting BPLA’s Biotechnology Committee Biotech and Pharma IP Forum: Current Issues on June 19 in conjunction with the 2012 BIO International Convention taking place in Boston. Konstantin Linnik, member of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Life Sciences practice groups, serves as a co-chair for the Biotechnology Committee.
Topics will include:
- Implementation of the patent reform: view from the Patent Office and our feedback;
- BIO's IP initiatives and members' agendas;
- Mayo v. Prometheus (and Myriad): how we advise clients; and
- Role of IP counsel in the biotech and pharma industry
- James Donald Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Hans Sauer, Deputy General Counsel for Intellectual Property, Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Joanna Brougher, Senior Counsel, Vaccinex
- Dana Hubbard, Head of Patents, EMD Millipore Corp
- Andrea Kamage, Senior Patent Counsel, Johnson & Johnson
- Bart Newland, VP and Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Biogen Idec
- Leda Trivinos, Chief Patent Counsel, Momenta Pharmaceuticals
- Bryan Zielinski, VP & Assistant General Counsel, Pfizer
A reception will follow the panel discussion. To register, click here.