Nutter hosts Boston Patent Law Association (BPLA) Biotechnology Committee – Biotech and Pharma IP ForumPrint PDF
Nutter is hosting BPLA’s Biotechnology Committee Biotech and Pharma IP Forum: Current Issues on June 19 in conjunction with the 2012 BIO International Convention taking place in Boston.
Topics will include:
- Implementation of the patent reform: view from the Patent Office and our feedback;
- BIO's IP initiatives and members' agendas;
- Mayo v. Prometheus (and Myriad): how we advise clients; and
- Role of IP counsel in the biotech and pharma industry
- James Donald Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Hans Sauer, Deputy General Counsel for Intellectual Property, Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Joanna Brougher, Senior Counsel, Vaccinex
- Dana Hubbard, Head of Patents, EMD Millipore Corp
- Andrea Kamage, Senior Patent Counsel, Johnson & Johnson
- Bart Newland, VP and Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Biogen Idec
- Leda Trivinos, Chief Patent Counsel, Momenta Pharmaceuticals
- Bryan Zielinski, VP & Assistant General Counsel, Pfizer
A reception will follow the panel discussion. To register, click here.