Will Bernat and Chris Lindstrom to Present on Employee Compensation and Equity at The Capital Network EventPrint PDF
Will Bernat, a partner and co-chair of Nutter’s Emerging Companies group, and Chris Lindstrom, a partner and member of the firm’s Labor, Employment, and Benefits practice group, will present at The Capital Network’s event, “Employee Compensation & Equity: Preparing for Growth.” Will and Chris will address how understanding equity compensation is crucial as you prepare to grow and scale your team; how to create an equity plan that is both attractive to new hires and promotes retention; and best equity compensation practices from a legal and accounting perspective when hiring, firing, and incentivizing your team that will align with your startup’s fundraising and growth goals.
Questions that will be covered include:
- What is equity and how do you allocate it?
- As an early stage company with little revenue, how should I think about equity when hiring?
- How should I structure my non-competes and protect my IP rights?
- Who should receive equity now and over time?
- How do I determine “market” compensation for my sector and stage?
- What is the difference between shares, stock options, and profits interests?
- What should founders and C-Suite team members receive now and through key milestones?
- What are the tax implications for my team and me?
- How should I structure offer letters and termination policies?
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
155 Seaport Blvd
Boston, MA 02210