Jeremy Halpern serves as faculty at MCLE’s “Fundamentals of Raising Startup Capital Through the Internet”Print PDF
Jeremy Halpern, a partner in the Business Department and the Director of Business Development for the Emerging Companies Group, served as faculty and presented at MCLE’s “Fundamentals of Raising Startup Capital Through the Internet” on June 18. In this new MCLE program, which focused on the strategic skills needed to navigate the federal and state regulatory landscape, leading practitioners in the field analyzed the legal and business points of internet-based fundraising in a small, highly-focused, fast-paced conversational setting. The program included a live webcast.
- The Securities Law Background and Genesis of Internet-Based Capital-Raising Regulations
- Update on Federal and State Crowdfunding Rules, and Offerings Under Rule 506(c)
- The Differences Between the Various Internet-Based Capital-Raising Platforms and the Legal Ramifications of Choosing One Method Over Another
- Real-World Case Studies Illustrating Entrepreneurial Decision-Making When Raising Money Online in Light of Business Needs, Available Platforms, and Applicable Law
- Alternatives to Internet-Based Raises, Including Regulation A+ Offerings and Offerings Under Rule 504 and 506(b)
For more information, click here.