Robin Levitt Topol
Robin Levitt Topol is a partner in Nutter’s Real Estate Department and chair of the firm’s Leasing practice in New York. Robin focuses her practice on commercial and retail leasing and subleasing, dispositions and acquisitions of commercial and retail properties, and financing.
Major national landlords and first class commercial tenants and subtenants rely on Robin’s expertise to handle their leasing matters. She regularly counsels clients in the nation’s largest metropolitan areas, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, and California. Robin advises several New York-based financial services firms, including one of the world’s largest independently owned private equity firms. Additionally, Robin has extensive experience in representing professional services firms, multinational electronics corporations, national insurance companies, restaurants and restaurant chains, technology companies, health care companies, and advertising / marketing / public relations agencies on their leasing matters.
Robin is a trusted legal advisor to some of New York’s largest and most prestigious landlords, including presently and previously:
- 850 Third Avenue
- 1177 Avenue of the Americas
- 1165 Broadway
- 1407 Broadway
- 58-64 W. 40th Street
- 70 W. 40th Street
Robin advises national and global big box tenants and subtenants on multiple retail locations in metropolitan New York, marquee restaurants in New York and Las Vegas, leasing of shopping centers, retail stores, and garage leases in New York.
Sellers and buyers frequently engage Robin for legal advice in connection with 1031 exchanges throughout the United States. She also represents borrowers and lenders in financing transactions.
A leader in the community, Robin is and has previously been involved in numerous professional and civic organizations, including:
- WX – Scholarship Committee and Membership Committee, member
- American Friends of the Hebrew University, board member
- Jewish Community Center of Harrison, board member
- Harvard Parents Fund Committee, member
- Columbia Parents Fund Committee, member
- Yale School of Management Alumni, board of directors
- Harrison, NY Town Architectural Review Board, member
- Harrison, NY Town Planning Board, member
Prior to joining Nutter, Robin was a partner at a New York-based law firm.
News & Insights
- Bisnow’s Power Women in Commercial Real Estate, 2019
- Super Lawyers, Metro New York, 2013-2023
- Super Lawyers, Top Metro Women Attorneys, 2014-2022
Education & Admissions
New York University School of Law, J.D.
Yale School of Management, Executive Management Program-EMMP
Barnard College, B.A., cum laude
- New York