- T 617.439.2122
- F 617.310.9122
- E ASlavet@Nutter.com
- > Download full bio
Alexandra Slavet is a partner in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department. She advises companies, funds, investors, and financial institutions on corporate activity from formation to sale, including private offerings of equity and debt, general corporate matters, commercial loan transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. Alexandra represents clients in a broad range of industries, with a particular focus on cannabis, technology, and business services. Clients of various sizes and in varying stages of their corporate development engage Alexandra to counsel on structuring their businesses, establishing plans for growth, and executing an exit often involving complex mergers, consolidations, and acquisitions.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represents a cannabis operator as general outside corporate counsel, including with respect to corporate governance matters, equity financings, and prospective merger and acquisition activity
- Advised a controlling affiliate of a publicly-traded cannabis operating entity with respect to corporate governance matters, including negotiation around complex management structure
- Advised an Irish public company as its general outside United Stated corporate counsel
- Represents a company that sells eco-friendly kitchenware as general outside corporate counsel
- Representing a cannabis investor in the acquisition of retail operating licenses and the real property underlying certain retail locations
- Representing a cannabis consulting company in formation, corporate governance, commercial agreements, and general corporate matters
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Cúram, a business intelligence service provider in the health care industry, in connection with its acquisition of PMC Medical Group, a multispecialty health care organization based in New Hampshire.
- Represented Ticket Evolution Inc., an end-to-end software provider for the event ticketing industry, in connection with its acquisition by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. and Clearlake operating advisor Sam Soni.
- Represented a software company in the spin-off sale of a portion of its assets relating to the utilities industry to a large strategic purchaser
- Advised a private equity-backed dermatology management company in its purchase and roll-up of dermatology practices in Florida, Texas, and California through stock or asset acquisitions
- Advised a Portuguese clean energy company in its business combination with a BVI SPAC, which involved the formation of an Irish parent company to become the surviving public company issuer listed on NASDAQ
- Advised a public company in the sale of one of its divisions to a private equity fund, which involved the restructuring of the seller and its multinational subsidiaries to separate the retained business from the division being sold and the disposition of 30 subsidiaries
- Represented an insurance company in the $285 million acquisition of another insurance company
- Represented a distressed company that produces and manufactures fire safety equipment in the sale of substantially all of its assets, including the negotiation with and satisfaction of multiple secured and unsecured creditors
- Represented an event production services company in the combination of some of its assets with the assets of a joint venture partner, as well as the subsequent sale of the combined assets in an auction
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a home care provider of services to seniors and persons with disabilities
Equity and Debt Financing
- Represented a cannabis company in its second round of equity financing through its sale of a new series of membership interests
- Represented a company that sells eco-friendly kitchenware in its first financing through a convertible note offering
- Represented a medical technology company in multiple rounds of financing, including equity and bridge debt
- Represented a medical cannabis company in its private placement of membership interests
- Represented a cloud-based technology company in various rounds of preferred equity financing, including negotiation with a private placement agent
Alexandra is a member of the 2023 Class of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Boston’s Future Leaders (BFL) Program, which provides emerging leaders with a socially conscious and civically engaged leadership toolkit to lead Boston and the region into an equitable, innovative future.
Prior to joining Nutter, Alexandra was a partner in the Boston office of a boutique corporate law firm. Before that, she practiced corporate law in the New York and Boston offices of an international law firm.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Cúram, a business intelligence service provider in the health care industry, in connection with its acquisition of PMC Medical Group, a multispecialty health care organization based in New Hampshire.
- Redi2 Technologies, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Redi2 Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of revenue management and hosted fee-billing solutions in the global financial services industry, in connection with its acquisition by Envestnet.
- Ticket Evolution
Nutter served as legal counsel to Ticket Evolution Inc. (“Ticket Evolution” or the “Company”), an end-to-end software provider for the event ticketing industry, in connection with its acquisition by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. (together with its affiliates, “Clearlake”) and Clearlake operating advisor Sam Soni.
News & Insights
- Ali Slavet Named to the 2023 Class of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Boston’s Future Leaders Program| Announcement
- Nutter Represents Ticket Evolution in Its Acquisition by Clearlake Capital and Sam Soni Through VictoryLive Platform| Press Release
- | Press Release
- | Press Release
- Nutter Bolsters Corporate and Transactions Capabilities With Addition of Alexandra Slavet as Partner| Press Release
Education & Admissions
Boston College Law School, J.D.
Amherst College, B.A.
- New York