David Ferrera presents at ACI’s 20th Annual Drug and Medical Device Litigation ConferencePrint PDF
David L. Ferrera, chair of the Product Liability and Toxic Tort Litigation practice group, presented at the American Conference Institute’s (ACI) 20th Annual Drug and Medical Device Litigation Conference on December 4. David presented “The Globalization of Drug and Med Products Liability: A Checklist for Creating a Cost-Effective Approach to International Mass Tort Litigation.” Topics included:
- Preparing for increased mass torts actions, which start in the US and extend overseas: working with the same fact patterns and same witnesses, but operating under the nuances of a different legal framework
- Handling the nuances in foreign jurisdictions and mastering logistical coordination challenges, including
- Coordinating with foreign law firms and leading trial teams overseas
- Conducting discovery under different rules
- Preparing fact and expert witnesses
- Anticipating unique settlement and trial issues
David’s co-presenters included Jobina Jones-McDonnell, Senior Litigation Attorney, Endo Pharmaceuticals; Lisbeth Warren, Assistant General Counsel, Johnson & Johnson; and Robin Linley, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP in Toronto. Nutter served as a co-sponsor of this annual forum designed to facilitate discussion of the current litigation issues facing pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
For more information, click here.