Mark W. Burgiel
- T 617.439.2064
- F 617.310.9064
- E email@example.com
- > Download full bio
Mark W. Burgiel is a partner in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department. He focuses his practice on the formation and capital financing of emerging companies, as well as mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, and general commercial law matters.
Mark represents clients through all stages of their lifecycle, including formation, seed and venture capital financing, and mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive knowledge acting as outside general counsel on day-to-day operational matters for clients in numerous industries, including software, online retail, and food and beverage.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represented Ticket Evolution Inc., an end-to-end software provider for the event ticketing industry, in connection with its acquisition by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. and Clearlake operating advisor Sam Soni.
- Represented an e-commerce aggregator in its formation, financing, and acquisition of numerous online retailers.
- Represented a keto-foods company in the acquisition of multiple keto-foods companies.
- Advised on the acquisition of a logistics and cold-chain technology company in the food services industry.
- Advised on the acquisition of an international seafood distributor.
- Represented a large lobster and scallop business in numerous M&A and real estate transactions and financings.
- Advised a local craft brewery in numerous commercial and real estate transactions.
- Represented a provider of loyalty and marketing solutions for the restaurant industry in its acquisition.
- Advised on the formation and financing of a U.S.-based acquirer of an English football club.
- Advised a provider of lab-learning environments for cloud platforms and software vendors in its acquisition by a large public company.
- Represented a managed cloud service provider in its acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Represented a virtual phone system company in its acquisition by a large public company.
Prior to joining Nutter, Mark was an attorney at a Boston-based corporate boutique law firm. Before that, Mark managed a Boston-based law firm specializing in advising entrepreneurs in the launch and growth of their businesses. Additionally, he was a corporate associate at several international law firms.
- Dragonfly Group Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Dragonfly Group Inc., a technology-enabled platform acquiring and scaling standout e-commerce brands, in a significant, proprietary investment from the Flagship Buyout Fund of L Catterton, the largest global consumer-focused private equity firm.
- Ticket Evolution
Nutter served as legal counsel to Ticket Evolution Inc. (“Ticket Evolution” or the “Company”), an end-to-end software provider for the event ticketing industry, in connection with its acquisition by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. (together with its affiliates, “Clearlake”) and Clearlake operating advisor Sam Soni.
News & Insights
- Nutter Represents Ticket Evolution in Its Acquisition by Clearlake Capital and Sam Soni Through VictoryLive Platform| Press Release
- | Press Release
- | Press Release
- Nutter Strengthens Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Practices With Addition of New Partner Tracy A. Vitols| Press Release
- | Press Release
- | Media Coverage
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Emory University, B.A.