Nutter has many decades of experience in the public sector, representing a range of government entities from state agencies and offices to city governments and public-private partnerships. The firm’s clients are involved in many different responsibilities and mandates that include transportation, housing, treasury, real estate and capital improvement, environmental regulation, education, public pensions, municipal management, and economic development.
Government and quasi-government clients have turned to the firm for numerous areas of legal service including finance, labor and employment, litigation, tax, real estate and environmental counsel.
Nutter attorneys have extensive experience in tax-exempt and taxable public finance transactions. Specifically, we have experience representing underwriters, borrowers, credit providers, trustees, and other fiduciaries and purchasers in the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. In addition, Nutter attorneys have experience serving as bond counsel to state and local governments, state agencies and authorities, counties, cities, schools, and other special-purpose districts. Our attorneys also serve as counsel to public agencies and authorities, and advise public boards regarding state and federal statutes and regulations affecting their operations.
For more information about our experience and services for public sector agencies please see the related Practice Areas and Attorneys.
View Practice Team
News & Insights
- In Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property, Paul Cronin Discusses the Impact of the Supreme Court’s Holding in TC Heartland v. Kraft05.25.2017
- Paul Cronin Analyzes Significance of the Supreme Court’s Ruling in TC Heartland v. Kraft in Bloomberg BNA05.25.2017
- World Intellectual Property Review Quotes Nutter Partner Paul Cronin on Supreme Court Ruling in TC Heartland v. Kraft05.23.2017
- In Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Cover Article, Paul Cronin Comments Extensively on TC Heartland v. Kraft04.10.2017
- U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers Ranks Nutter Among Top National Firms in 2017 “Best Law Firms” SurveyFirm Receives 16 First Tier National and Regional Rankings, 11.01.2016
- Pat Concannon Serves as Contributing Author on Highly Regarded Data Security Book, Reports Mass Lawyers Weekly07.14.2016
- Nutter Partner Paul Ayoub Elected Vice Chair of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors06.06.2016