Paul J. Ayoub is a partner in Nutter’s Real Estate Department and is a member of Nutter’s Nonprofit and Social Impact practice group. He also has served on the firm’s Executive Committee. Paul has thirty years of experience in representing clients in the financing and development of commercial real estate projects. He also advises for-profit and non-profit organizations in the area of corporate governance.
Paul has extensive experience representing local and national lending institutions, as well as private lenders in construction, permanent and mezzanine loans throughout the country. Paul advises lenders on financing structure alternatives, including preferred equity, joint venture and partnership arrangements. He also has vast experience representing clients in complex debt reorganizations.
In addition, Paul represents developers in the acquisition, sale, permitting and leasing of all property types. His practice encompasses, among other things, downtown office buildings, suburban office parks, hotels, health care institutions, retail complexes, industrial properties, apartment and condominium complexes, and not-for-profit uses.
Paul is the President-Elect of the Board of Directors of the Real Estate Finance Association. He is a former co-chair of the Real Estate Finance and Workout/Foreclosure Section of the Massachusetts Bar Association's Real Estate Section.
Paul is also involved in several civic and charitable organizations. He is vice-chair and on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce for which he is General Counsel as well as co-chair of the Regional Real Estate Development Leadership Council. He is a member of the Board of Incorporators of the Boston Local Development Corporation. Additionally, he serves as chair of the Building Committee of the Board of Trustees of Noble and Greenough School in Dedham, Massachusetts.
Paul also serves on the national Board of Directors of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude. He is the immediate past chair of the ALSAC Board.
During law school, Paul was editor-in-chief of the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Paul worked in Massachusetts state government in various capacities, including as assistant press secretary to the Governor.
Recently, Paul and his daughter published Inspire Me! A father-daughter book of quotations to motivate, teach and inspire, an Amazon best seller, the profits from which are being donated entirely to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
News & Insights
- Nutter Partner Paul Ayoub Releases Inspire Me! Book of Inspirational Quotes to Benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital12.02.2016
- Nutter Partner Paul Ayoub Elected Vice Chair of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors06.06.2016
- Winter 2016
- Forty-four Nutter Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Edition of Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars10.30.2015
- The Boston Business Journal features Paul Ayoub’s Election to Chair of National Board of Directors of ALSAC07.24.2015
- Nutter Partner Paul J. Ayoub Elected to Chair National Board of Directors of ALSAC/ St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®07.23.2015
- Firm ranks as leader in Banking & Finance; Real Estate; Litigation; Environment; and Labor & Employment, 05.19.2015
- October 2013
- October 2012
- Opposing counsel on major RE transaction recognizes Paul Ayoub for excellent legal skills and approach02.10.2012
- Paul Ayoub appointed General Counsel to the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce and Secretary of the Board of Directors of the ChamberDecember 2009
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2015-Current
- Chambers and Partners, Leading U.S. Real Estate Attorney, 2011-Current
- Super Lawyers Business Edition, 2009-Current
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004-Current
Education & Admissions
Boston College Law School, J.D.
Brown University, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
In the Community
Paul is vice-chair and on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce and co-chairs the Chamber’s Regional Real Estate Development Leadership Council. He is also President-Elect of the Board of Directors of the Real Estate Finance Association. Paul also serves on the National Board of Directors of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude. He is the immediate past chair of the ALSAC Board. He and his daughter recently published Inspire Me!, a father-daughter book of quotations, an Amazon best seller, profits from which are donated to St. Jude.
The Best Lawyers in America, 2015-Current
Chambers and Partners, Leading U.S. Real Estate Attorney, 2011-Current
Super Lawyers Business Edition, 2009-Current
Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004-Current