Wendy M. Fiscus is Of Counsel practicing in the firm's Real Estate and Finance Department. She focuses her practice on general business with a concentration in all aspects of real estate law. She has extensive experience representing developers in the acquisition, sale, development and leasing of commercial and residential real estate and lending institutions and borrowers in all aspects of commercial loan transactions. Prior to joining Nutter, Wendy was a partner at Rudolph Friedmann LLP.
Wendy’s representative work includes:
- Key role in representation of a national bank in connection with a $33,000,000 loan for the acquisition of fifty bank branch locations in three states
- Assisted with representation of a national bank in connection with a $40,000,000 loan for the construction of a commercial and hotel condominium and private social club in Nantucket, Massachusetts
- Representation of a lender in connection with the restructuring of a construction loan for a non-profit entity relating to the settlement of claims by and between the non-profit entity and its contractors
- Representation of a lender in connection with a $47,000,000 Letter of Credit to secure multi-family bonds issued by Mass Development in connection with the financing of the acquisition and construction of a mixed use facility
- Representation of an independent public authority in connection with the acquisition, development and leasing of an intermodal garage facility
- Representation of a lender in connection with a $10,300,000 loan to finance the purchase of a note and related loan documents, including without limitation, a first mortgage on an out-of-state office building
- Key role in representation of a Commissioner in Partition in connection with the sale of thirty acres of land through a sealed bid process
- Key role in the representation of a developer in connection with the land acquisition, construction financing and conversion to a forty-unit condominium with ten affordable housing units
Wendy is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations. She is also on the Board of Directors for the Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts where she is co-chair of the Commercial Real Estate Finance Committee.
During law school she was a senior staff member and lead article editor for the New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement.