Tracy Chu is Of Counsel in Nutter’s Real Estate and Finance Department. Tracy has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, with particular emphasis on leasing. Clients of all sizes, including Fortune 500 companies, frequently engage Tracy on a variety of local and national transactions.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represented a major retail corporation in connection with the leasing, acquisition, development and disposition of retail space throughout California
- Assisted with the representation of a life insurance company on a build-to-suit lease for approximately 201,000 square feet of office space and 860 parking spaces in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Assisted with the representation of a joint venture on the $77 million acquisition of nine major automobile dealerships, and two Collision Centers, and the $60 million acquisition of nine properties in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine on which the dealerships and body shops are located
- Assisted with the representation of a commercial landlord on the leasing of 170,000 square feet of office space in downtown Boston
- Assisted with the representation of a publishing company in connection with various leasing matters for properties throughout the United States
- Assisted with the representation of a commercial bank on a multi-million dollar portfolio loan, secured by 50 bank branches located throughout the United States
- Assisted with the representation of a life insurance company on multi-million dollar portfolio loans, secured by industrial properties located throughout the United States
- Assisted with the representation of a local property owner, in connection with the acquisition, financing and leasing of multiple branches of a regional bank in locations throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut and New Hampshire
Tracy first joined Nutter in 2006, and after four years working at a law firm in California, Tracy rejoined Nutter in 2016. During law school, Tracy was involved in the Community and Economic Development law clinic and was a staff member of the Administrative Law Review. Tracy also worked as a legal intern for the Honorable Barry T. Moskowitz of the United States District Court in San Diego.
Tracy was selected for the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Women’s Leadership Program in 2011.