Rory Pheiffer Presents at MTTC’s MATTO Seminar ‘Protecting and Commercializing Software Inventions’Print PDF
Rory P. Pheiffer, a partner in Nutter’s Intellectual Property Department, will present at the Massachusetts Technology Transfer Center’s (MTTC) MATTO Seminar “Protecting and Commercializing Software Inventions” on December 14. Rory will provide an overview of the past, present, and future of protecting and commercializing software inventions and code.
- A review of U.S. copyright law as it pertains to software code and data
- A review of relevant court decisions on patenting software
- Thoughts for patenting software in a post Alice world
- Strategies for protecting your digital assets (algorithms, code, data, and trade secrets)
- Open source
- Prognostications for what the future holds for this area
MTTC facilitates technology transfer from all research institutions, public and private, in the Commonwealth. MATTO is the Massachusetts Association of Technology Transfer Offices. MATTO’s mission is to promote efficient and effective transfer of knowledge and technology developed at academic institutions in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to companies that will develop and bring novel products to market for the public good.