Security Breach Response
Our seasoned attorneys are experienced in addressing network intrusions and responding to data breaches. By staying abreast of the latest developments in the industry, we help clients that have learned of a data breach manage their immediate legal responsibilities and develop a response plan for the affected consumers, clients, employees, or other individuals. Our response team assists clients in coordinating with regulatory authorities, meeting public disclosure requirements, assessing a company’s response to the incident, evaluating remedial measures, and responding to civil litigation or government enforcement actions.
The interdisciplinary nature of our team—made up of transactional and litigation attorneys—makes Nutter adept at counseling clients across a broad range of industries on compliance with, and defending against, alleged violations of privacy and data security laws.
Our team stays participates in organizations such as the International Association of Privacy Professionals (“IAPP”). Our Privacy and Data Security team includes a Certified Information Privacy Professional (“CIPP”), the preeminent credential in the field. We have the knowledge and experience to help businesses understand and comply with the evolving laws and standards that regulate the collection, use, sharing, and protection of personal data.
View Practice Team
News & Insights
- Leading Cybersecurity/Privacy and White Collar Defense Authority Seth P. Berman Joins Nutter as Partner09.06.2017
- Seth Berman Presents ‘Hacking City Hall’ at the Massachusetts Interlocal Insurance Agency Spring Conference04.03.2018
- Seth Berman Presents Cybersecurity Workshop at the Massachusetts Municipal Association’s Annual MeetingHynes Convention Center, 01.19.2018
- Ian Roffman, Jonathan Kotlier, and Seth Berman to Present at the Boston Bar Association’s Inaugural White Collar Crime ConferenceSeaport World Trade Center, 01.18.2018
- Seth Berman to Present on The Intersection of HR and Cybersecurity: How to Mitigate Threats from Within at Labor, Employment and Benefits Breakfast BriefingNutter, 12.13.2017
- 04.03.2018 | Article
- 01.29.2018 | Article
- How Community Banks Can Overcome Cybersecurity Paralysis: Insights from Nutter’s Tom Curry and Seth Berman01.25.2018 | Legal Update
- 12.19.2017 | Article
- 12.19.2017 | Legal Advisory
- The Intersection of Human Resources and Cybersecurity: How to Mitigate Threats from Within: Insights from Nutter’s Seth Berman12.12.2017 | Legal Update
- 09.27.2017 | Legal Advisory
- 09.12.2017 | Article
- Equifax Breach is a Category 5 Incident Affecting You – Our Recommendations on How to Safeguard Your Data09.11.2017 | Legal Advisory