Liza Hadley is an associate in Nutter’s Intellectual Property Department, and a member of both the Medical Devices and Emerging Companies practice groups. Previously, she was a technical specialist at the firm, where she prosecuted patent applications and assisted with trademark matters.
Drawing on her prior experience as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Liza helps clients strategically protect and use their intellectual property by preparing and prosecuting patent applications and managing patent portfolios across multiple jurisdictions, as well as assisting clients with obtaining and defending trademarks. Liza also frequently conducts due diligence analysis on IP matters for M&A transactions, and provides counsel on technology licensing and contract matters.
Liza’s work spans a variety of technologies including internal combustion engines, medical devices, wearables, three dimensional and conventional printing technologies, imaging technologies, and power management and delivery systems.
Liza serves as Nutter’s liaison to the Boston Patent Law Association (BPLA), and is also an active member of the Women in IP Networking (WIN) Boston chapter. During law school, Liza was treasurer for the BU Law Student Government Association, and received the second prize in the BPLA’s annual writing competition for her paper “The Patent Uncertainty Problem: Can the Judiciary Effectively Curb the Cost of Indefinite Claims?”
- Agrify Corporation
Nutter served as legal counsel to Agrify Corporation, a developer of premium indoor grow solutions, in connection with its acquisition of TriGrow Systems, Inc.
- Innovation Associates
Nutter served as legal counsel to Innovation Associates, the market-leading provider of high-volume pharmacy automation technology and software solutions to the retail, hospital, government, and mail order pharmacy markets, in connection with a consortium of investors led by Greg Wasson, the former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO, acquiring a majority stake to scale the business and enhance its pharmacy automation offerings.
- Globe Composite Solutions, LLC
Nutter served as legal advisor to Globe Composite Solutions, LLC (Globe), a navy submarine supplier, in its acquisition by ESCO Technologies Inc. (NYSE: ESE), a global provider of highly engineered products and solutions to diverse and growing end-markets that include the aerospace, space, healthcare, wireless, consumer electronics, electric utility, and renewable energy industries.
- National Women’s Hockey League
Nutter represented the NWHL in connection with its preparation of the NWHL 2021 Season in Lake Placid, including securing a broadcast agreement with NBC Sports Network and a venue agreement for the event with the Herb Brooks Arena. Nutter also represented the NWHL in connection with its reorganization to an unincorporated association and new governance model, resulting in the original six NWHL member clubs being subject to the terms of the NWHL Constitution and Bylaws with each of the member clubs being represented on the NWHL Board of Governors.
News & Insights
- 01.22.2021 | Press Release
- 02.03.2020 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents Innovation Associates in Consortium Investment Led by Former Walgreens Boots Alliance CEO Greg Wasson12.17.2019 | Press Release
- 07.09.2019 | Press Release
- Effects of COVID-19 on the M&A Market: Working Capital Adjustments; Due Diligence; Representations; Post-Signing Considerations04.15.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.03.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Coronavirus Impacts Intellectual Property Too: Update on Patent and Trademark Prosecution at Various IP Offices in the WorldIP Law Bulletin, 04.01.2020
- IP Law Bulletin, 06.17.2019
- PTAB Update: Lectrosonics Designated as Precedential Providing Guidance on Amendment Practice in an Inter Partes ReviewIP Law Bulletin, 03.27.2019
- IP Law Bulletin, 01.14.2019
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, J.D
University of Virginia, B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office