Laura E. Martin
Laura E. Martin is an associate in Nutter’s Litigation Department and a member of the Firm’s Labor and Employment Litigation, Securities Enforcement and Litigation, and White Collar Defense practice groups.
Laura is involved in the firm’s longstanding legacy of pro bono representation and commitment to civic and charitable engagement. Her pro bono activities include representing a prisoner pursuing a claim against prison officials, investigating a prisoner’s innocence claim, and representing individuals wishing to seal their criminal records.
Previously, Laura was a Rule 3:03 certified intern for the Committee for Public Counsel Services, representing clients at arraignments, probation detention hearings, and pre-trial motion hearings. In addition, Laura interned with the CORI & Re-Entry Project at Greater Boston Legal Services.
During law school, Laura served as President and Public Relations Chair of the Employment & Labor Law Student Association and Vice President of the Communication, Entertainment & Sports Law Student Association. She won Best Oralist at the Edward C. Stone Moot Court Competition and was a semi-finalist at the invitation-only Homer Albers Prize Moot Court Competition.
- Ce3, Inc.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Ce3, Inc., a full-service CRO focused on providing early phase oncology clinical development services to the biotechnology industry, in connection with its acquisition by Catalyst Clinical Research, a clinical development organization providing highly customizable clinical research solutions to the global biopharmaceutical industry.
News & Insights
- 08.06.2020 | Press Release
- 08.27.2020 | Legal Update
- Moving Forward to the “New Normal”: Important Issues for Employers Concerning Governor Baker’s Order Mandating Quarantine After Travel07.30.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 07.29.2020 | Legal Update
- Moving Forward to the "New Normal": Guidance to Employers on Employee Out-of-State Travel and the 14-Day Quarantine07.14.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 06.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 06.22.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 06.17.2020 | Legal Update
- 05.28.2020 | Legal Update
- 05.27.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 05.26.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.30.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.29.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.10.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.06.2020 | Legal Update
- 04.06.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 04.01.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.31.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.30.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.27.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.24.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Special Edition Nutter Bank Report: Federal Reserve Announces Extraordinary Second Wave of New Initiatives in Response to the Global Pandemic03.24.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.21.2020 | Legal Advisory
- 03.14.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.13.2020 | Legal Update
- 03.13.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Writing for MCLE’s 19th Annual Business Litigation Conference, Ian Roffman and Laura Martin Analyze the Effects of the Supreme Court’s Cyan Decision02.21.2020 | Article
- Writing for Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, David Ferrera, Mike Leard, and Laura Martin Break Down 2019 Product Liability Holdings02.20.2020 | Article
- 01.29.2020 | Legal Update
- Judge Salinger Thaws Defendants’ Attempt to 'Chill' Malicious Prosecution Claims under Massachusetts’ Anti-SLAPP StatuteBLS Blog, 08.06.2020
- Governor Baker’s Emergency Order Closing Adult-Use Marijuana Establishments Survives Constitutional Challenge in BLSBLS Blog, 04.23.2020
- BLS Blog, 04.10.2020
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Boston University, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Previously, Laura worked for the Boston Red Sox in the Government & Neighborhood Affairs Department, where she coordinated the City of Boston license applications, various permit applications, state filings, and served as a point of contact for the Fenway neighborhood residents and businesses.
Before law school, Laura was the Office Manager and Paralegal for a boutique litigation firm in Boston.
In the Community
Member of the Boston University Track & Field and Cross Country Alumni Council.