Blake C. Tyler
Blake C. Tyler is an associate in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department and a member of the firm’s Banking and Financial Services group. His practice focuses on multiple aspects of corporate and securities law, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and private placements in a variety of sectors ranging from manufacturing to Fintech. Blake works with public and private investors on regulatory and corporate matters and also represents major lending institutions and companies in agented credit facilities with an emphasis on low-income housing tax credit and mortgage warehouse lines.
Prior to law school, Blake was a paralegal at the U.S. Department of Justice in the Antitrust Division’s Networks and Technology Enforcement Section in Washington, D.C, where he reviewed Hart-Scott-Rodino filings and drafted memoranda evaluating proposed mergers. Blake also participated in an externship at the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Enforcement Division’s Office of Chief Counsel in Washington, D.C. Prior to that, he was a law clerk at the Maryland Office of the Attorney General in the Consumer Protection Division.
A graduate of Georgetown University Law Center, Blake served as a staff member of The Tax Lawyer and vice president of the Securities and Financial Law Organization during law school.
- Lallemand USA, Inc.
Nutter advised Lallemand USA, Inc. when it acquired Scott Laboratories Inc. (USA) and Scott Laboratories Ltd. (Canada), privately-held companies specializing in value-added products for the North American wine, craft brewing, and distilled spirits industries.
- Epoxy Technology Inc.
Nutter advised Epoxy Technology, Inc., a leading manufacturer of high-performance specialty epoxy, UV, and hybrid adhesives, in its acquisition by Arsenal Capital Partners, a leading private equity firm that invests in middle-market specialty industrials and health care business services companies.
- Hometown Financial Group Inc.
Nutter represented Hometown Financial Group, Inc., the bank holding company of bankESB (Easthampton, MA) and bankHometown (Oxford, MA), in connection with its acquisition of Pilgrim Bank, a Massachusetts-chartered co-operative bank headquartered in Cohasset, MA, and its bank holding company, Pilgrim Bancshares, Inc. (OTCMKTS: PLRM).
- MNB Bancorp
Nutter advised MNB Bancorp, the parent company of The Milford National Bank and Trust Company, a national bank, both of Milford, Massachusetts, in its acquisition by Independent Bank Corp. (NASDAQ Global Select Market: INDB). Independent is the parent company of Rockland Trust Company. The total value of the transaction was approximately $54 million.
- Wandering Bear Coffee
Nutter advised Wandering Bear Coffee, a cold brew coffee maker, in its recently completed $8 million Series A equity round of financing.
- First Commons Bank, N.A.
Nutter advised First Commons Bank, N.A., in its merger with Brookline Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brookline Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRKL). The total value of the transaction was approximately $55.958 million.
News & Insights
- 08.27.2018 | Press Release
- 07.27.2018 | Press Release
- 07.17.2018 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents MNB Bancorp in Proposed Merger with Independent Bank Corp., Reports American Banker05.30.2018 | Press Release
- 05.30.2018 | Press Release
- 02.07.2018 | Press Release
- 09.22.2017 | Press Release
- 05.22.2019 | Legal Update
- 05.03.2019 | Legal Update
- 05.01.2019 | Legal Update
- 04.30.2019 | Legal Update
- 04.19.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: The Clearing House Announces Adoption of Business Principles for Operation of the RTP® Network04.10.2019 | Legal Update
- 04.02.2019 | Legal Update
- 03.28.2019 | Legal Update
- 03.27.2019 | Legal Update
- 02.28.2019 | Legal Update
- 02.19.2019 | Legal Update
- 02.13.2019 | Legal Update
- 01.31.2019 | Legal Update
- 01.30.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Ranking Member McHenry Calls for House Financial Services Committee Hearing on Financial Innovation01.24.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Chairwoman Waters Outlines House Financial Services Committee’s Agenda: Priorities Include Financial Innovation01.22.2019 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Issues to Consider in Connection with the CFPB’s Proposed Product Sandbox and Policy Changes for No-Action Letters01.08.2019 | Legal Update
- 12.21.2018 | Legal Update
- 12.20.2018 | Legal Update
- Fintech in Brief: Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Proposes Product Sandbox and Policy Changes for No-Action Letters12.17.2018 | Legal Update
- 11.30.2018 | Legal Update
- 10.31.2018 | Legal Update
- 09.28.2018 | Legal Update
- 08.30.2018 | Legal Update
- 07.31.2018 | Legal Update
- 06.29.2018 | Legal Update
- 05.31.2018 | Legal Update
- 03.29.2018 | Legal Update
Education & Admissions
- Law clerk at the Maryland Office of the Attorney General in the Consumer Protection Division.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Trinity College, B.A.
Blake was a paralegal at the U.S. Department of Justice in the Antitrust Division’s Networks and Technology Enforcement Section in Washington, D.C, where he reviewed Hart-Scott-Rodino filings and drafted memoranda evaluating proposed mergers.
Blake participated in an externship at the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Enforcement Division’s Office of Chief Counsel in Washington, D.C.