Sa'adiyah K. Masoud
Sa’adiyah K. Masoud is an associate in Nutter’s Litigation Department and a member of the firm’s Business Litigation, Product Liability, and Development, Land Use and Permitting practice groups. Companies and individuals rely on her experience in litigating and resolving business disputes involving insurance coverage, unfair competition, professional negligence, and products. Project owners and design professionals frequently engage Sa’adiyah to represent their interests in construction disputes, as well as to plan, develop, and negotiate agreements for private construction projects.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Representing a Fortune 100 company in non-compete and non-solicit strategies and litigation across the country
- Serving on a team of national coordinating counsel for a technical paper company in mass tort litigation
- Negotiating a series of agreements related to the construction of a multi-million dollar plant
- Analyzing a policyholder insurance coverage claim related to a third-party’s misappropriation of funds in transit
- Resolving construction delays and cost overruns claims
- Defending the design of a building envelope replacement after significant construction project failures
Sa’adiyah continues her leadership outside the firm as an active member of several professional and civic organizations.
- Co-chairs the Construction Law Committee of the Boston Bar Association
- Served three terms on the Executive Board of the South Asian Bar Association of North America (SABA)
- Selected as a trustee for the South Asian Bar Association of North America (SABA) Foundation
- Serves on the Board of Trustees of the MCLE
- Member of the Advisory Committee for Cultural Engagement at the Museum of Fine Arts
- Frequent speaker at the MCLE’s Practicing for Professionalism seminars and at her alma mater, Boston University School of Law
- Honored with the Young Lawyer’s Chair and as an Outstanding 1L Mentor by her law school
Sa’adiyah’s recent publications include Litigation against Design Professionals, Massachusetts Construction Law and Litigation published by the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., 2015; and Concealment, Misrepresentation or Fraud (Including Rescission), Annotated Commercial Crime Insurance Policy published by the American Bar Association, 2015.
News & Insights
- Sa’adiyah Masoud Presents ‘Trapped Under the Sea: A Conversation about the Deer Island Outfall Tunnel Project’ at the BBA05.24.2017
- 01.31.2018 | Legal Update
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2011-2017
- Boston University School of Law Outstanding 1L Mentor, 2015
- Boston University School of Law Silver Shingle Awards, Young Lawyer's Chair, 2013
- Women’s Bar Association Women’s Leadership Initiative, 2011-2012
- Ad Club’s Rosoff Awards, Finalist for Mentor Award, 2010-2011
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Duke University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
In the Community
Sa’adiyah continues her leadership outside the firm as an active member of several professional and civic organizations. She co-chairs the Construction Law Committee of the Boston Bar Association, was elected to a third term on the Executive Board of the South Asian Bar Association of North America, and serves on the Board of Trustees of the MCLE.
Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2011-2017
Boston University School of Law Outstanding 1L Mentor, 2015
Boston University School of Law Silver Shingle Awards, Young Lawyer's Chair, 2013
Women’s Bar Association Women’s Leadership Initiative, 2011-2012
Ad Club’s Rosoff Awards, Finalist for Mentor Award, 2010-2011