Rachel Kurlantzick is an associate in Nutter's Real Estate Department and a member of the Commercial and Real Estate Finance and Development, Land Use and Permitting practice groups. She represents a variety of clients, including lenders, developers, municipalities, nonprofit organizations and individuals. Her practice focuses on commercial real estate, including the acquisition and disposition of real estate, financing, leasing and condominium matters, and on land use, permitting and environmental matters.
Rachel’s representative experience includes the following:
- Assisting with the multi-million dollar bond refinancing of a nursing home in the Boston suburbs.
- Assisting in the disposition of an approximately 200,000 square-foot office building in San Francisco.
- Performing due diligence and survey review in connection with a multi-million dollar refinancing secured by commercial property in the Boston suburbs.
- Representing a national developer in the acquisition and financing of land and development rights, and the negotiation of an air rights lease for a mixed-use project in the North Station area of Boston.
- Assisting with the representation of a national insurance company in the acquisition of a 110,000 square foot Class A office building in Boston’s Financial District.
- Assisting a franchisee with the simultaneous leasehold acquisition of over 30 properties across Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Representing landlords and tenants in leases for office and retail space in downtown office buildings, suburban office buildings and office parks, shopping centers, mixed-use developments, retail complexes, warehouse and industrial buildings and residential properties.
- Assisting with the representation of regional and national banks on construction and permanent financings of several commercial properties in the Boston area.
Rachel’s pro bono work includes assisting a local non-profit with reviewing and preparing a comprehensive summary of the organization’s real estate portfolio. She has also volunteered with underprivileged youth through the Greater Boston Jewish Coalition for Literacy. Rachel also serves on the Board of Directors of the New England Chapter of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
In addition to her summer associate work at Nutter, her professional experience includes serving as a judicial intern for the Honorable Michael Sheldon of the Connecticut Superior Court. In addition, Rachel worked at One Stop Senior Services in New York as the director of care management, and was a social worker at Morningside Retirement and Health Services.
During law school, Rachel served as an associate editor of the Connecticut Law Review and was a recipient of the CALI Awards for Excellence in Contracts, Lawyering Process, and Mental Health Law, and the Thomson Reuters Award for Excellence in Health Law.
- MNB Bancorp
Nutter advised MNB Bancorp, the parent company of The Milford National Bank and Trust Company, a national bank, both of Milford, Massachusetts, in its acquisition by Independent Bank Corp. (NASDAQ Global Select Market: INDB). Independent is the parent company of Rockland Trust Company. The total value of the transaction was approximately $54 million.
News & Insights
- 05.30.2018 | Press Release
- Nutter Represents MNB Bancorp in Proposed Merger with Independent Bank Corp., Reports American Banker05.30.2018 | Press Release
- 12.30.2014 | Legal Update
- 12.23.2014 | Legal Advisory
- 09.03.2014 | Legal Advisory
- Court Case Finds that a Lender’s Environmental Indemnity Agreement Did Not Cover Certain Costs Commonly Incurred by a Lender Following a Loan Default01.16.2014 | Legal Advisory
Education & Admissions
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with high honors
Columbia University School of Social Work, M.S.W.
Wesleyan University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
In the Community
Rachel’s pro bono work includes assisting a local non-profit with reviewing and preparing a comprehensive summary of the organization’s real estate portfolio. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the New England Chapter of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
During law school, Rachel was a recipient of the CALI Awards for Excellence in Contracts, Lawyering Process, and Mental Health Law, and the Thomson Reuters Award for Excellence in Health Law.