Jeffrey L. Vigliotti
Jeffrey L. Vigliotti is a partner in Nutter’s Real Estate Department. Clients rely on Jeff’s counsel in the acquisition, sale, development, leasing, and financing of commercial real estate properties in a variety of commercial real estate matters and business transactions.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represented a real estate private equity firm in investments in self-storage and hotel development projects in the eastern United States.
- Represented a developer in the $140 million acquisition of ground lease interest in multiple parcels in Boston from an educational institution.
- Advised a NYSE-listed manufacturer on real estate matters in connection with a corporate acquisition.
- Represented a privately-owned real estate operator and investment manager in the $46 million sale of a suburban technology park.
- Represented real estate investment companies in the acquisition, leasing, and financing of several industrial buildings in Massachusetts.
- Advised a private equity firm on real estate matters in connection with the $119 million acquisition of gas-fueled power plants in Massachusetts.
- Represented a real estate private equity firm in the sale of a HUD-subsidized apartment building in California.
- Represented a borrower in connection with the $80 million financing of an office and laboratory property in Massachusetts.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in acquisitions of industrial properties in Texas and Colorado.
Jeff continues his leadership outside the firm as a member of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association; the Real Estate Finance Association (REFA); and the Boston Bar Association.
Prior to joining Nutter, Jeff was an associate at an international law firm in Boston. In addition, he practiced at the Legal Assistance Corporation of Central Massachusetts (now known as Community Legal Aid), where he represented clients in mortgage foreclosure, housing, and disability matters.
During law school, Jeff served as a note development editor for the Boston University Law Review.
- Private Investment Firm
Nutter represented a private investment firm specializing in energy infrastructure investments when it sought to purchase two natural gas power plants. Nutter assisted with the due diligence review and negotiation of the purchase and sale agreement. The private investment firm initially engaged Nutter to focus on state environmental, real estate, and energy issues. As negotiations progressed, Nutter advised the firm on tax, labor, employee benefits, and other contractual issues as well.
- CIRCOR International, Inc.
Nutter represented CIRCOR International, Inc. (NYSE: CIR), a leading provider of valves and other highly engineered products for markets including oil and gas, power generation, and aerospace and defense, in its acquisition of Critical Flow Solutions (CFS) for $210 million.
News & Insights
- 01.07.2019 | Media Coverage
- 01.04.2019 | Media Coverage
- 01.02.2019 | Press Release
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Cornell University, B.S., with distinction, valedictorian
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Jeff is a member of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association and the Real Estate Finance Association (REFA)
Jeff practiced at the Legal Assistance Corporation of Central Massachusetts (now known as Community Legal Aid), where he represented clients in mortgage foreclosure, housing, and disability matters.