Jaime E. Hoctor
Jaime Hoctor is Of Counsel in Nutter’s Real Estate Department, based in the firm’s Cape Cod office. Clients rely on Jaime’s extensive experience and knowledge in many areas of commercial and residential real estate, including acquisition, development, financing, and leasing. Clients frequently engage Jaime on a variety of local and national real estate matters.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represented buyers in the acquisition of a Cape Cod golf course, including the purchase of real estate and business assets, transfer of the alcoholic beverage license, and financing
- Represents owners for the conversion of commercial and residential property to condominium use
- Represents a developer for the acquisition, due diligence review, financing, leasing and sale of properties in connection with the construction and development of retail pharmacy stores and in-store health clinics, banking institutions and other commercial uses.
- Represents developers in connection with the acquisition, financing, and conversion of condominium properties to timeshare use in Massachusetts
- Represents developers in connection with government purchases and leases of land in Massachusetts, including a purchase from the Massachusetts Department of Transportation and lease with Social Security Administration
- Frequent representation of purchasers and sellers in the acquisition, financing, leasing, and sale of residential single-family and condominium properties in Massachusetts
Jaime has an active probono practice, working with Family Continuity, a private, non-profit mental health and social services agency, in its real estate matters
During law school, Jaime gained legal experience by interning at Nutter through Northeastern University’s cooperative education program. She also clerked with the Honorable Gary Nickerson in Barnstable Superior Court and interned at the Boston Public School Office of Labor Relations.
News & Insights
- 05.01.2017 | Media Coverage
Education & Admissions
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
Bryant College, B.A., magna cum laude
In the Community
Former Adjunct Real Estate Professor at Cape Cod Community College in the Paralegal Studies Program.
Organizer of The Caring Cod, a charitable striped bass fishing tournament that raises money for children on Cape Cod impacted by the opioid epidemic.
Cape & Plymouth Business “40 Under 40” honoree, 2017