Brian C. Beaulieu
Brian C. Beaulieu is an associate in Nutter’s Real Estate Department and a member of the firm’s Commercial and Real Estate Finance and Development, Land Use and Permitting practice groups. Brian provides legal counsel to clients for complex acquisitions, dispositions, secured financing transactions, commercial leasing matters, and various other real estate development matters, including construction and architectural agreements.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Representation of real estate developers and institutional lenders in a variety of acquisition financing transactions.
- Representation of real estate developers, biopharmaceutical and manufacturing companies, and other landowners in connection with negotiation of construction contracts.
- Representation of joint venture in connection with $36.5 million construction and $10.5 mezzanine financing for residential development.
- Representation of joint venture in connection with ongoing acquisition, disposition, and financing of commercial assets across Massachusetts and the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Representation of real estate developer in connection with 2.8 million square foot mixed-use project in New Hampshire, advising on construction contract and financing matters.
- Representation of real estate developer in connection with ongoing disposition of luxury condominium units for new condominium development project in Boston.
- Represented health care provider in connection with $307 million disposition of Watertown, MA headquarters and simultaneous $146 million acquisition of real estate in Canton, MA.
- Represented oil and gas company in connection with disposition of portfolio of retail properties throughout the Northeast.
- Represented joint venture in connection with $109.9 million loan refinancing transaction secured by 15 commercial assets across Massachusetts.
- Represented joint venture between real estate investment firm and private equity firm in connection with $85 million disposition of a four-building industrial portfolio of warehouse and distribution property in the Greater Boston area.
Brian is committed to the firm’s pro bono efforts, representing nonprofit organizations in connection with commercial transactions and negotiating construction contracts.
In addition to his summer associate work at Nutter, Brian’s professional experience includes several years as a law clerk at a boutique law firm in Boston, where he worked on a variety of legal issues, including bankruptcy, contract modification, product liability, and tort litigation. Notably, Brian helped prepare appellate briefs and developed arguments for an employment discrimination case before the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
During law school, Brian served as a Comment Editor on the Suffolk University Law Review, received the Trustee Academic Scholarship, and was recognized for academic achievement in both his Corporations and Legal Practice Skills classes.
- WuXi Biologics
Nutter served as legal counsel to WuXi Biologics, a global company with leading open-access biologics technology platforms, in its purchase of an approximately seven-acre parcel of land at The Reactory, a 46-acre, master-planned biomanufacturing campus in Worcester, MA.
News & Insights
- 06.23.2020 | Press Release
- 03.31.2020 | Legal Advisory
- Bankruptcy Court Confirms Enforceability of Mortgage Notwithstanding Expiration of Statute of Limitations for Underlying Promissory Note09.23.2019 | Legal Advisory
- 05.20.2019 | Legal Advisory
Education & Admissions
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
Boston College, B.A.