Nutter to host ACG Boston’s ‘Industry Spotlight Series—Consumer Goods’Print PDF
Nutter will host ACG Boston’s program “Industry Spotlight Series−Opportunity Amid Disruption: Driving Growth in the Consumer Goods Industry” on May 25. The event will feature keynote speaker Paul Raffin, CEO, Board Member and consumer trend expert, who will give a top-level overview of the industry, followed by two panel discussions that will explore the growth drivers in consumer goods, how game-changing technology has played a role in disrupting the industry, and where the new investment opportunities will be coming from. Adam Ghander, co-chair of Nutter’s Emerging Companies Group and a member of the board of directors for ACG Boston, and Jeremy Halpern, a partner and the Director of Business Development for the Emerging Companies Group, will serve as panel moderators.
Adam will moderate the "Growth Strategies in the Consumer Goods Industry" panel.
- John Burns, President, Breakaway Ventures
- Nick McCoy, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Whipstitch Capital
- Paul Raffin, Former CEO & President, The Frye Company
- Rich Vitaro, Director, AlixPartners
- The changing demographics and impact of Millennials on the industry
- How to get retailers & partners to invest resources into growth stage brands
- Critical milestones & hurdles taking a $10m brand to $50m
- Building top line vs. bottom line and more
Jeremy will moderate "The Changing Role of Retail in a Tech Driven Environment" panel.
- Tom First, Managing Partner, First Beverage Group
- Ted McNamara, CFO, Treasurer & Director, M. Gemi
- Anita Brearton, Founder/CEO, CabinetM
- The impact of mobile - real-time price shopping; bricks as demo, clicks to buy; store/brand management in the retail experience
- Managing channel conflict for clicks and bricks; pricing; operations & experience
- Supply chain management in the era of "buy as try" and more
ACG Boston’s “Industry Spotlight Series” events are held four times a year and are determined by M&A activity. The series provides overviews and deep dives into the latest activity surrounding industries including consumer, health care, manufacturing, and technology, and brings together M&A deal professionals focused on specific verticals. ACG Boston, the Boston Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth, is the premier member-based association in New England helping middle-market M&A professionals build and maintain trusted networks, facilitating relationship-building and providing deal related content to the middle-market M&A community.