Nutter Sponsors the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs Greater Boston Chapter’s ‘Bootstrapping a MedTech Startup’Print PDF
Nutter is sponsoring and hosting the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs Greater Boston Chapter (SOPE GBC) event “Bootstrapping a MedTech Startup,” in conjunction with Merrill Lynch and MassBio on March 21. Jeremy Halpern, a partner in Nutter’s Business Department and co-chair of the firm’s Emerging Companies Group, will provide welcoming remarks. The event will feature a keynote presentation, followed by a panel discussion featuring the founding team of Platelet Biogenesis. The Platelet team will share their experience evolving and migrating an idea from academia to company launch and their travels in and through the Valley of Death.
SOPE is a physician-led, non-profit member organization that provides education, networking, and services, including access to funding, to assist entrepreneurs in commercializing their ventures. MassBio launched the Greater Boston chapter of the SOPE in 2013. MassBio, the state’s life sciences trade association, and SoPE share the common goal of accelerating healthcare innovation.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm - Registration and Networking
6:30 pm - 6:40 pm - Opening remarks by sponsors (Nutter and Merrill Lynch) and SOPE GBC (Sudhen Desai, Omar Amirana, Kiran Reddy)
6:40 pm - 6:55 pm - Keynote presentation
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Panel discussion with Platelet Biogenesis
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Networking reception
Panelists and Presenters:
- Jonathan Thon, co-founder, Platelet Biogenesis
- Sven Karlsson, co-founder and President, Platelet Biogenesis
- Joe Italiano, co-founder, Platelet Biogenesis
- Alex Waldron, MassCONNECT mentor for Platelet Biogenesis
- Sudhen Desai, Clinical Fellow, Pediatric Interventional Radiology, Boston Children's Hospital
- Omar Amirana, Senior Vice President, Allied Minds
- Kiran Reddy, Venture Partner, Clarus Ventures
To register, click here.