Susan L. Repetti
Susan L. Repetti is a partner practicing in Nutter's Private Client Department. She has extensive experience assisting families with reducing the tax cost of the transfer of wealth to children and grandchildren, including such techniques as family limited partnerships and LLCs, qualified personal residence trusts, and life insurance trusts. Her practice also includes the administration of estates and trusts. She has represented clients in estate tax and income tax audits.
A fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Susan has lectured extensively on estate planning topics. She is a member of the Tax and Trusts and Estates Sections of the Boston Bar Association, and has served as co-chair of the BBA's Estate Planning Committee.
- Advise trustee on family investment holding company, trusts and foundation
For several years have advised wealthy retired investment manager on his role as trustee of family investment holding company, four family trusts and family foundation, in addition to personal estate planning.
- Settlement of Federal Gift and Estate Tax Audits
Successfully negotiated the settlement of several examinations of Federal Gift and Estate Tax Returns involving complex issues relating to the valuation of assets and deduction of expenses.
- Multi-state administration
Administered the estate of an individual with over $100 million in assets in multiple states, using the one-time 2010 option to elect out of federal estate tax.
- Roth IRA planning
Assisted grandparents in preserving Roth IRA accounts for grandchildren in tax-efficient manner.
- Guardian ad litem in Massachusetts Probate and Family Court Actions
Served as guardian ad litem in several Massachusetts Probate and Family Court actions concerning complex estate and generation-skipping issues.
News & Insights
- October 2013
- October 2012
- ALI-ABA Estate Planning Course Materials Journal, June 2008
- Writing for Wealth Strategies Journal, Susan Repetti and TaraLynn Casperson Analyze Estate Planning Strategies to Preserve Family Vacation Homes07.09.2016 | Article
- 06.23.2016 | Blog
- 12.18.2015 | Advisory
- 07.10.2013 | Advisory
- 11.14.2012 | Advisory
- Generation to Generation, 06.23.2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, LL.M.
Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
Wellesley College, B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
Susan administered the estate of an individual with over $100 million in assets in multiple states, using the one-time 2010 option to elect out of federal estate tax.
Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2006-2013