Sarah A. Turano-Flores
Sarah A. Turano-Flores serves as Of Counsel in Nutter's Real Estate Department. Based in Nutter’s Hyannis office, Sarah focuses her practice on permitting and general litigation, with a concentration in land use, state and local permitting matters and title litigation, including right of way disputes, title registration and other Land Court litigation.
Sarah has over fifteen years of experience litigating a wide range of land use, permitting and title claims on behalf of towns and individuals on Cape Cod. Sarah served as counsel to two Cape Cod towns for thirteen years and also served as Town Counsel of Brewster. She has experience handling a variety of municipal matters, including but not limited to:
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Acquisition and Title Litigation
- Affordable Housing Permitting and Development
- Tax Title, Tax Lien Foreclosures
- Regulatory Takings Claims
- Architectural Access Board compliance
- Local Bylaw, Charter, Code and Regulation Development
- Regulatory Interpretation and Enforcement involving all town agencies including Planning Board, Zoning Board, Conservation Commission, Building Department and Health Department
- Wetlands, Tidelands, Title 5, Zoning, Subdivision permitting and litigation
- NHESP and MEPA permitting and litigation
- Water supply permitting and protection
- Solid Waste Permitting
- Procurement Law Compliance, RFP and Contract Drafting
- Public Construction Law Compliance, IFB and Contract Drafting
- Designer Selection Law Compliance
- Telecommunications Permitting, Negotiation
Since joining Nutter, Sarah continues to work within these areas of municipal and real estate law, representing private individuals and developers in land development matters, state and local permitting, permitting appeals, and title disputes. She also continues to serve as special counsel to various public entities.
Sarah is a member of the Barnstable Bar Association.
News & Insights
- Cape Cod Chronicle, 06.11.2009
Education & Admissions
Western New England University School of Law, J.D.
University of Connecticut, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Sarah works in the areas of municipal and real estate law, representing private individuals and developers in land development matters, state and local permitting, permitting appeals, and title disputes.
Sarah served as counsel to two Cape Cod towns for thirteen years and also served as Town Counsel of Brewster.