Sara Goldman Curley
Sara Goldman Curley is a partner in Nutter’s Private Client Department. Individuals and families rely on Sara to provide advice on a broad range of estate planning, estate administration, and trust administration matters.
- Designing estate plans for individuals and families to meet their individual needs and goals, which may include using sophisticated strategies designed to minimize estate and gift taxes, and probate avoidance
- Advising professional and family personal representatives (executors) and trustees in the administration of estates and trusts
- Preparing complex estate tax returns involving business and real estate valuation issues, and representing fiduciaries in estate tax audits with taxing authorities
- Representing and advising guardians and conservators of incapacitated adults
Sara is involved in a number of organizations, including:
- New England Law | Boston, member of the Board of Trustees
- Massachusetts Appleseed Center for Law and Justice, member of the Board of Directors
- Boston Bar Association's Education Committee (current)
- Boston Bar Association’s Estate Planning Committee, co-chair (2015-2017)
- REBA’s Estate Planning, Trusts and Estate Administration Committee, former co-chair
- Boston Bar Association’s Trusts & Estates Section Steering Committee, member
- SJC Law Clerks’ Society, member
- Greater Boston Fiduciary American Inn of Court, member
- Boston Estate Planning Council, member
- Boston Probate and Estate Planning Forum, member
Before attending law school, Sara was a budget analyst for the Massachusetts State Senate Committee on Ways and Means, where she continued to work as a legal intern while attending law school at night. During law school, Sara was also a technical coordinating editor of the New England Law Review. Prior to joining Nutter, Sara served as a law clerk for the Honorable Roderick L. Ireland of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
News & Insights
- Jeff Roberts and Sara Goldman Curley Present at ALI CLE’s ‘Representing Estate and Trust Beneficiaries and Fiduciaries 2017’07.13.2017
- Sara Goldman Curley presents “Trusts from General Practitioner’s Perspective: Title Issues, Probate & More – A Practical Skills Session” at REBA’s Annual Meeting11.04.2013
- 12.18.2015 | Advisory
- November 2014 | Article
- Sara Goldman Curley and Andrew Golden publish “The Massachusetts Uniform Trust Code and the real estate practitioner” in REBAnewsMarch 2014 | Article
- 07.10.2013 | Advisory
- 11.14.2012 | Advisory
- 12.08.2011 | Article
- Generation to Generation, 09.14.2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2008-2009 & 2011-2012
Education & Admissions
Boston University School of Law, LL.M.
New England Law | Boston, J.D., summa cum laude
Oberlin College, B.A.