Joshua Gray is an associate in Nutter’s Corporate and Transactions Department. Clients rely on Josh’s counsel on mergers and acquisitions, private capital finance, technology licensing, intellectual property, employment, equity compensation, corporate governance, and regulatory reporting matters. Clients in a broad range of industries, including consumer goods, software, hardware, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, diagnostics, and food and beverage, turn to Josh for guidance on a wide variety of transactions.
Targets, acquirers, and private equity, venture capital, and angel investors frequently engage Josh for assistance with a diverse range of transactions, including seed and later stage equity financings, debt financings, mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, minority investments, and initial and secondary public offerings.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Representation of a privately-held beverage company in its acquisition by a publicly-traded strategic buyer
- Representation of a 60-year-old, family-owned building products company in its acquisition by a private equity buyer following full auction process
- Representation of a strategic pharmaceutical industry buyer in its acquisition of and early-stage drug development company with a purchase price in excess of $1 billion, including earn-outs
- Representation of a venture-backed consumer software company in its acquisition by a Fortune 50 strategic buyer
- Representation of a venture-backed e-commerce company in its acquisition by a publicly-traded strategic buyer
- Representation of a venture-backed telecom company in its acquisition by a publicly-traded strategic buyer after a full auction process
- Representation of a private equity sponsor in recapitalizations of and minority investments in targets in the material handling and enterprise software industries
- Representation of emerging growth companies in the technology and life sciences industries in initial public offerings raising an aggregate of over $250 million
- Representation of issuers and investors in angel and venture capital financings representing an aggregate of over $500 million in investments in emerging growth companies
Josh continues his professional involvement outside the firm as a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Prior to joining Nutter, Josh worked as an associate at an international law firm in Boston. His professional experience also includes serving as a program manager for the New England Clean Energy Council, where he focused on the expansion of cleantech-led economic development initiatives, including fundraising and program design for the creation of a regional clean technology innovation network. During law school, he was a senior staff editor for the New York University Environmental Law Journal.
- Netra, Inc.
Series Seed financing led by Launchpad Venture Group and NXT Ventures with participation from Zelkova Ventures, Mark Cuban, Berwind LLC, and other prominent angels
- McCarthy Capital
Recapitalization and growth equity investment in Bamboo Rose Partners
- Northeast Retirement Services, Inc.,
Pending acquisition by Community Bank System, Inc. (NYSE: CBU)
Approximately $140 million
- Harvey Building Products, Inc.
Sale to Dunes Point Capital
News & Insights
- Nutter serves as legal advisor to Harvey Building Products in its acquisition by Dunes Point Capital10.05.2015
Education & Admissions
New York University School of Law, J.D.
Syracuse University, B.A., cum laude
Prior to joining Nutter, Josh was a program manager for the New England Clean Energy Council, where he focused on the expansion of cleantech-led economic development initiatives, including fundraising and program design for the creation of a regional clean technology innovation network.
Josh has represented emerging growth companies in the technology and life sciences industries in initial public offerings raising an aggregate of over $250 million.