Andrew R. McArdell
Andrew McArdell is an associate in Nutter’s Litigation Department. He works with clients primarily in the areas of product liability, land use, commercial, and intellectual property litigation. Clients trust Andrew to assist them with each phase of a case, from responsive pleadings and discovery through dispositive motions and trial preparation. Andrew is passionate about pro bono work; he represents several young clients in proceedings before the United States Immigration Court.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
- Represents a leading manufacturer of artificial joints in product liability claims across the country
- Key member of a team that successfully moved to dismiss a complaint for lack of personal jurisdiction before the Business Litigation Session of the Superior Court
- Assisted with defense of major electronics manufacturer in patent infringement litigation
- Key team member defending client in zoning dispute before the Superior Court
- Assisted with representation of client before the National Labor Relations Board
- Represents minors in the United States Immigration Court
During law school, Andrew received grant funding to travel to Tanzania, where he interviewed experts and co-wrote a report about health policy with respect to the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. Andrew conducted research with the International Human Rights Clinic and served on the Harvard Environmental Law Review. In addition, Andrew was a legal intern at the Environmental League of Massachusetts and a volunteer associate at Citizens for Juvenile Justice before he joined Nutter.
Before law school, Andrew was a social studies teacher and basketball coach. He taught for two years at a high school in suburban Chicago, followed by two years at a middle school near Atlanta.
News & Insights
- The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice Presents Nutter’s Andrew McArdell with Pro Bono Award06.10.2016
- Writing for Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, David Ferrera, Andrew McArdell, and Alison Holdway Analyze Notable 2016 Federal and State Product Liability Decisions02.23.2017 | Article
- 01.19.2017 | Legal Update
- July/August 2016 | Article
- 02.29.2016 | Legal Update
- 01.30.2015 | Legal Update
- 05.30.2014 | Legal Update
- IP Law Bulletin, 07.07.2017
- IP Law Bulletin, 06.20.2017
- IP Law Bulletin, 02.08.2017
- IP Law Bulletin, 01.04.2017
- IP Law Bulletin, 09.14.2016
- IP Law Bulletin, 04.19.2016
- IP Law Bulletin, 11.16.2015
Education & Admissions
Harvard Law School, J.D.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Andrew was a legal intern at the Environmental League of Massachusetts and a volunteer associate at Citizens for Juvenile Justice.
During law school, Andrew received grant funding to travel to Tanzania, where he interviewed experts and co-wrote a report about health policy with respect to the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. Andrew also conducted research with the International Human Rights Clinic.