Alexander S. Glovsky
Alex Glovsky is a member of Nutter’s Executive Committee and a partner in the Nutter's Corporate and Transactions Department. Clients rely on Alex’s counsel for mergers and acquisitions, capital finance, and complex corporate governance issues. He regularly advises clients in the software and cloud services, high tech and heavy manufacturing, and the food service, food, and beverage industries.
Notable Experience and Client Impact
Mergers and Acquisitions Experience
Alex has broad experience handling mergers and acquisitions for both strategic and financial buyers as well as public and private companies and investment managers selling their businesses. Clients frequently engage Alex as lead counsel through auction processes, aggressive roll-up strategies, and complex deal negotiations, where he focuses on middle-market transactions primarily ranging in size from $25 million to $500 million.
- Acquisition of leading-edge software integration company serving as a pioneer in the “Internet of Things” to publicly-traded buyer
- Acquisition of 100 year-old, family-owned consumer packaged goods company with national brand reputation by family-owned strategic buyer
- Acquisition of 60 year-old, family-owned building products company by private equity buyer following full auction process
- Acquisition by publicly-traded client of privately-held, advertising technology company for $350 million in common stock
- Acquisition of service delivery management software company by publicly-traded buyer for $35 million in cash plus complex earn-out
- Stock and asset sale of manufacturing division of private equity-backed client for $75 million to publicly-traded foreign buyer involving stock and assets over four continents and seven countries
- Acquisition of specialty publication company by strategic buyer for aggregate purchase price of $67 million, including $32.0 million in cash with $35 million in a complex earn-out
Early Stage Capital Finance Experience
As a member of Nutter’s Emerging Companies Practice Group, Alex assists early stage clients in formulating the strategy to realize their business goals and in building the foundation necessary to secure third party investment.
- Advises companies in complex software and technology licensing transactions
- Guides clients at each stage of private finance, from initial angel round investments through late stage venture-backed financings
- Has counseled clients in angel and venture backed financings representing an aggregate of well over $100 million in investment in early stage companies
A leader in the business community, Alex has presented at The Capital Network and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education seminars, among others. He serves on the board of directors of the Hamilton Wenham EdFund, a foundation that supports the Hamilton Wenham school district. Alex is past co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s Securities Law Committee and past president of the Dartmouth Educational Association, a private, not-for-profit student loan foundation.
- LINTEC USA Holding, Inc.
Acquisition of VDI, LLC, a functional film manufacturer headquartered in Kentucky
- Netra, Inc.
Series Seed financing led by Launchpad Venture Group and NXT Ventures with participation from Zelkova Ventures, Mark Cuban, Berwind LLC, and other prominent angels
- Long Term Solutions, Inc.
Advised Long Term Solutions, Inc. (LTS), a provider of in-home nursing assessments for the long-term care insurance industry, in its sale to Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFAM). Based in Natick, Mass., LTS provides a suite of planning and support services to insurance companies, employers and direct to individuals and families throughout the United States.
- Madico, Inc.
Acquisition of ClearPlex Corporation
- Harvey Building Products, Inc.
Sale to Dunes Point Capital
News & Insights
- Nutter serves as legal advisor to Harvey Building Products in its acquisition by Dunes Point Capital10.05.2015
- March 2015
- Alex Glovsky serves as a panelist for “Raising Money From Friends and Family – How to do it Right” at the 128 Venture North Breakfast Series09.22.2011
- June 18, 2013
- Alex Glovsky and Ian Roffman present at The Directors Roundtable program “Opportunities & Challenges in Mergers & Acquisitions”06.26.2012
- 07.18.2013 | Advisory
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005-2007
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2018
Education & Admissions
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
Dartmouth College, B.A.
Clients frequently engage Alex as lead counsel through auction processes, aggressive roll-up strategies, and complex deal negotiations, where he focuses on middle-market transactions primarily ranging in size from $25 million to $500 million.
Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2016
Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005-2007
The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2018