Adam B. Ghander
Adam Ghander is a partner in Nutter's Corporate and Transactions Department and a member of the Private Equity practice group and Emerging Companies Group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private capital finance, and securities and corporate governance. Adam works extensively with middle market and emerging companies and in industries such as banking and financial technology, food and beverage, e-commerce and mobile applications, manufacturing, and professional sports.
Adam is a member of the board of directors of the Boston chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth and the Programming Committee of The Capital Network.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Adam has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers in domestic and cross-border transactions. He has guided acquirers and targets through auctions, structured earn outs and valuations adjustments, and counseled officers and directors on fiduciary duties in the context of significant corporate transactions. Representative deals include:
- Sale of privately-held broadline distribution company to strategic buyer for $130 million in cash
- Acquisition of product line from multinational corporation by client based in Japan
- Sale of privately-held clinical service and technology company to private equity-sponsored strategic buyer
- Acquisition of publicly-traded bank by publicly-traded strategic buyer for $160 million in cash
- Sale of private equity portfolio company in the telecommunications industry to privately-held financial purchaser for $210 million and negotiation of post-closing escrow dispute
- Acquisition of domestic combustion systems manufacturer by foreign strategic buyer for $120 million in cash and an earn out
Private Capital Finance
Adam counsels entrepreneurs and investors in all stages of private capital investment, from initial angel rounds of seed, convertible note, and SAFE investments, to late stage venture and private equity financings of preferred stock and tax-driven note and warrant structures. He currently represents the Boston chapter of one of the world’s largest angel investing networks and private equity firms in a variety of industries.
Professional Activities and Prior Activities
Adam moderated the 2015 ACG Tech Conference on market conditions and key players in BI and analytics.
Adam has been an adjunct professor at the Boston University School of Management and frequently lectures and presents on corporate finance matters, including through Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and The Capital Network.
Adam previously served as in-house counsel for a publicly-traded manufacturing and technology company. Prior to his in-house experience, he spent many years as a corporate attorney in the Boston office of an international law firm. During law school, Adam was editor-in-chief of the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest.
Adam was selected as a member of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Future Leaders class of 2013 and has been named to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
- McCarthy Capital
Recapitalization and growth equity investment in Bamboo Rose Partners
- McCarthy Capital
Recapitalization and growth equity investment in Seven10 Storage Software, LLC
- Drafted, Inc.
- BoardOn Track, Inc.
Sale to strategic acquirer, Bracket Global, LLC
- Institution for Savings
Acquisition of Rockport National Bancorp, Inc.
- CIRCOR International, Inc.
Acquisition of Critical Flow Solutions
- Connecticut River Bancorp, Inc.
Merger with Mascoma Mutual Financial Services Corporation
- Centrix Bank & Trust
Merger with Eastern Bank Corporation
- Adams Community Bank
Acquisition of The Lenox National Bank
News & Insights
- April 2016
- Nutter and The Capital Network Boost Boston’s Innovation Economy With Life Science Venture Fast Track 201603.04.2016
- May 2015
- October 2014
- October 2013
- Nutter Hosts ACG Boston’s ‘Deal Hunters Summer Networking Night: Differentiating Your Personal & Firm Brand in a Crowded Market’07.27.2016
- 08.31.2017 | Legal Update
- 07.31.2017 | Legal Update
- 06.29.2017 | Legal Update
- 05.31.2017 | Legal Update
- 04.28.2017 | Legal Update
- 03.30.2017 | Legal Update
- Early Stage Companies: Why You Should Run (and Re-Run) the Startup Version of the Scientific Method: Insights from Nutter’s Adam Ghander03.04.2016 | Legal Update
- Spring 2015 | Article
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- Emerging Leaders Award, The M&A Advisor, 2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013
Education & Admissions
Boston College Law School, J.D.
Saint Anselm College, B.A., summa cum laude
Adam has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers on mergers and acquisitions, including the sale of a privately-held broadline distribution company to a strategic buyer for $130 million in cash.
The Best Lawyers in America, 2018
Emerging Leaders Award, The M&A Advisor, 2017
Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013