Nutter has the requisite bandwidth to file a large number of patent applications each year while maintaining a high quality. We have the expertise to create and manage large, complex patent portfolios, which can include hundreds of patents. We have invested in a dedicated docketing and foreign filing staff, as well as specialized paralegals assigned to patent prosecution tasks.
Nutter patent prosecution clients regularly acknowledge our group’s expertise and the high caliber of our legal knowledge, skill, and work product. We understand the needs and challenges associated with high‐volume patent work and strive to anticipate and address these challenges through consistent responsiveness and work quality. Clients also like our proactive approach to prosecution – we interview examiners on almost every application, resulting in compact and efficient prosecution that both saves money and improves results. Above and beyond this, our consistent responsiveness and follow‐through are mentioned as important attributes that set us apart from other firms.
The expertise we provide to enforce and protect our clients’ patent rights includes:
- Developing strategies to identify, establish, protect, preserve, and enforce those patent rights;
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications;
- Issuing freedom to operate opinions pertinent to specific products, devices or inventions;
- Exploiting patents through licensing, cooperative research and development, or other arrangements;
- Enforcing patents against infringers and defending against assertions of infringement;
- Identifying and managing the tax consequences of patent activities; and
- Advising and representing clients regarding infringement actions and other forms of litigation before federal courts and administrative agencies, including the U.S. International Trade Commission and the PTO.