Client: 1265 Main Street, LLC
Redevelopment of the former Polaroid Office/RD Campus into a 1,280,000 sq. ft. mixed use office and retail center, immediately adjacent to Rt. 128.
For the project to proceed, a Phase I waiver from the MEPA regulations had to be obtained to allow 280,000 office/retail use. The waiver would be the largest ever granted by the MEPA unit.
- Represents the developer/owner in connection with the acquisition, permitting and development of the former Polaroid Campus in Waltham to include (at full buildout) 1,280,000 square feet of office, commercial and retail uses.
- Work has included assisting the client in obtaining the largest Phase I waiver under MEPA.
- Represented the developer/owner in relocating the NSTAR transmission lines on the property, which was essential to open up development area of the site.
- Represented the developer/owner in relocating a city sewer main that would have constrained development.
- Represented the developer/owner in creating a trust into which open space was deeded for the ultimate benefit of the City.
- Assisted the developer/owner in obtaining an Order of Conditions, special permits, fuel storage license and sign variance.
- Representing the developer/owner in the leasing of the developed space.